+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garry Coleman On the Surreal Life

Garry Coleman On the Surreal Life

Garry Coleman is set to be on the Surreal Life. I just finished watching a clip from AOL Broadband which had Garry coming to their house and telling them they will have to work at Mel's Dinner. Three things really stand out. One being that Trishelle got really annoyed at a table to the point of cursing when it looked like when she brought them the food it had bacon when they asked for no Bacon, and Trishelle said they didnt. Ron ends up eating a lot of the food. Then Rob picks up garry becuase of annoyment? and says Im gonna deep fry you ::hes lifting him over the grill:: Garry quite angry runs out gets in a cab and leaves.

Looks good-see you on sunday!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Poor Gary.

He had a major meltdown tonight. In a way I understand. If I were a smaller person, I wouldn't want a bigger man to pick me up and carry me around like that. It was embarrassing. I really hurt for him. He's 35 years old for God's sake. He is an adult with a mind, not the butt of every joke.

After seeing that, I know that people don't take him seriously, and that's gotta hurt. I totally empathize with the hate to fail attitude. He probably constantly feels like people are expecting him to fail. He tries so hard to prove them wrong.

However, I wish he'd said the catch phrase. It's part of pop culture, and he should be proud. How many other kids were part of such a successful long running tv show that lives on 20 years later in syndication? He did good work and was a good actor. He should hold his head up and say yeah that was me. Then, he could be like Barry Williams and write a book and go on the college lecture circuit. He'd make a killing.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Seeing both Todd and Gary last night reminded me of the Whole facts of life Saga....We know all three of the kids on that show had too much fame too soon and that later they paid a very dear price for it...

Todd Bridges seemed mature and still on the program last night...but Gary still seems to have issues...What Ice (excuse me, Robb..) did was wrong....in so many ways..... and insulting to people of smaller stature for so many reasons....

Unfortunately, the show of temper will hurt his career for years to come...though I admit I understand it perfectly....it won't help with any comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    However, I wish he'd said the catch phrase. It's part of pop culture, and he should be proud. How many other kids were part of such a successful long running tv show that lives on 20 years later in syndication? He did good work and was a good actor. He should hold his head up and say yeah that was me. Then, he could be like Barry Williams and write a book and go on the college lecture circuit. He'd make a killing.
    Thats something that he should understand and so should Rob. I know they dont like being remembered for something that happened 20 years ago, but if it wasnt for their fame back in the 80's, they wouldnt be on the show.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

I totally agree. I felt bad for Gary. But you all have made some good points, if it wasn't for those earlier successes we would be watching something else on Sundays.

To me it looked like Gary had an attitude from the moment he stepped onto the show. I don't think I would have been able to handle him very well. I can understand why he was upset with Rob's actions, I just don't get why he was so rude to the other members of the house as well.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMe007
    To me it looked like Gary had an attitude from the moment he stepped onto the show. I don't think I would have been able to handle him very well. I can understand why he was upset with Rob's actions, I just don't get why he was so rude to the other members of the house as well.
    I think Gary is honestly afraid of failure. He was afraid if he wasn't a good manager then he would look bad. It's kind of that guilt by association thing. If the rest of the group screws up, so does he because he's with them. I totally get that. However, I think you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If he wanted the group to really try, he should have been more supportive, not tyrannical.

FORT Newbie

Gary Was Not Napoleonic

Gary wasn't. Yes,it was all for charity but if you were there to get food wouldnt you be pissed that you weren't getting the food? It was a job. If they had worked there for real they would have been fired. And their slacking off makes them look bad. Gary was trying to hold it down. You saw that quite a few people weren't getting service or the right food and because the "celebs" weren't working really Gary as manager was getting blamed and it made him look like he wasn't doing a good job. I am 4'10",two inches taller than Gary and I am a grown woman that has been picked up and ignored;not taken seriously at all. That was the main problem with Ice and the gang. A 4'10" 35 yr. old was being laughed at by his employees and that makes them look big and dumb.

I think the really sad thing about the whole "Ice vs. Arnold" incident is that Ice was trying to get Gary to say his catchphrase, trying and insisting that Gary say the one thing that he is trying to rise above...and then Ice goes and complains about the exact same thing....people who joke about his "one hit wonder"-ness. Ice was a total hypocrite.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yes...Ice, yes...I refer to him as ICE, get over it ICE, was being VERY hypocritical.

Gary has always had anger issues..does anyone remember that he punched a woman in the face who was wanting his autograph? Apparently his therapy hasn't been working..cause he still over-reacts imo.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast