+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rob Van Winkle

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    But here's my point, people shouldn't disavow that they at one point supported him (if they in fact did), and then dismiss him as a general baffoon, a loser, a hasbeen, etc, just because it's become trendy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then who are you talking about "disavowing" him? Even if someone HAS disavowed him, why can't they? When did "disavowing" become trendy?
    It was a general comment, and it wasn't "disavowing him" persay, it was disavowing the fact that they at one time supported him and thereby contributed to his success.

Are you defending him AS A SINGER? Even if you were, it all makes no sense anyway.
    But with us..we're watching him BE HIMSELF on a reality show. We're not saying we don't like him because he SUCKS AS A SINGER...we're saying HE SUCKS IN GENERAL. We're allowed the freedom to draw our own conclusions in regards to anyone that goes on a reality show..and he's no exception.
    I'm not defending him at all. Like I said, it was a general comment, but I just happened to use him as an example, there are countless others.

Yes, he WAS a poser back in the day, saying he was born in an all black neighborhood, struggled and learned how to "get by" with rap. The fans found out, and that's why ALOT of "fans" turned their backs on him.
    Like I said before, if this is how you feel, more power to you, but I believe that most of his fans just liked his music for what they heard on the radio (it was a catchy song), and people stopped liking him because it simply went out of style. I don't think people en masse cared where he grew up or what he said about it.

Gosh. if there was a "reading other people's post and understanding them" Idol, I'd suspect many people would get voted off immediately.

And if there was a "make a solid, reasonably-thought-out point that has merit" Idol, you'd be the Keith.

I think it's an idiotic assessment, and I've said as much. I guess I'll move on to ignoring, and greener pastures.

YOUR whole disavowing argument isn't making any sense, along with most of what you're saying.

It was a general comment, and it wasn't "disavowing him" persay, it was disavowing the fact that they at one time supported him and thereby contributed to his success.

But this is what you said:
    But here's my point, people shouldn't disavow that they at one point supported him (if they in fact did), and then dismiss him as a general baffoon, a loser, a hasbeen, etc, just because it's become trendy.

Gosh. if there was a "reading other people's post and understanding them" Idol, I'd suspect many people would get voted off immediately.
    Ironic that you say that.

And with that....I can't say this debate was much fun because of the TOTAL confusion, but good luck to you!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    statement #1:

But here's my point, people shouldn't disavow that they at one point supported him

statement #2:

it was disavowing the fact that they at one time supported him

Conclusion:

I don't find the discrepancy?

For the other statement, allow me to re-bold:

and then dismiss him as a general baffoon, a loser, a hasbeen, etc, just because it's become trendy.

I think I've stated that when I say general, I mean not for any specific reason : his behavior on show, etc. etc.

Agreed, I think we've given this enough play.

FORT Regular
    Uh, yeah, well its kind of hard [and futile] to engage in debate with someone if they can, and do, delete your posts at whim. (Note, I'm not complaining about this, just stating a fact)

Ironically, I think I made a solid, well thought out point that Keith would be remembered far into the future (check the AI2 archives) , and you have so eloquently proved that with your quippy response.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    And if there was a "make a solid, reasonably-thought-out point that has merit" Idol, you'd be the Keith.

I think it's an idiotic assessment, and I've said as much. I guess I'll move on to ignoring, and greener pastures.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    :deadhorse
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie
    Rob is the biggest moron I've ever seen on reality TV....Sitting there crying and whining about people remembering his past.

I don't know what else to add about him that you guys have not already said..I agree with almost everything that some of you guys are saying here...Like how much of a Hypocrit Rob is when it came to Gary coleman not wanted to live in the past. This guy has some serious anger management issues and I feel sorry for his kids.

Regardless of his past, I think that Rob behaved very badly with Gary Coleman. He wants to removed himself from a past where he seems to say that the persona (which got him fame and success) wasn't him and that he didn't want people to keep remembering him that way. To me, it was hipocritical that he not only wants to do the same to Coleman but, picks him up like a doll which, is disrespectful to any man or woman in the first place.

IMO, his anger is over the top and is downright silly. He's not a sheltered 7 year old who didn't get his favorite toy. He needs to grow up.

Does Vanilla Ice Suck or What?

I just don't understand Rob....I mean, he is always complaining about something being "cheesy". I mean, he is on a reality show, right? Wasn't he a rapper, then reggae, then metal, and what is he now? I think Rob is still very, very confused about what he wants in his life, ya know? His constant complaining about stuff being cheesy is very, very annoying.

Trishelle saying that she 'has a crush on him'. ?!?!?! WTF? She herself was going on about his anger issues, then gets drunk and says that. Oh great..just what he needs to hear, his head is huge now!
    I like how he was trying to stop her from drinking more. Looks as if he doesn't have a problem with drinking, and that's great. With all the issues he's carrying, booze sure would ruin him entirely. Glad to see he's not doing that at least (as far as we can see anyway).
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast