+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rob Van Winkle

i like ice ice baby. he has to be the dramatic crying boy for the show.

crying over eggs. pathetic. :fight

Quote Originally Posted by once_again
    crying over eggs. pathetic. :fight
    Is that like crying over spilled milk?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Ugh, was that pathetic last night or what? First he was way over the top about his picture on the wall. Nobody cares, Mr. Van Winkle. Then throwing a loud hissy fit about frosted flakes in the farmer's market. I hate people like that. I would be so embarassed if I were with him. You know he was just as obnoxious about his rapper self back when he was 19. Guess what, RVW, you're just as irritating at 30something as you were as Vanilla Ice. Vanilla = nothing special.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

One word,Ice.......IDIOT.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Chill Robbie. You ain't as cool as you think you are!
    He needs to drop the attitude and be thankful that he's recognized because of his Vanilla Ice days.

Stop as we drop this bomb
    Blow up this place like another Vietnam
    Heavy like a Tyson blow to the dome
    Back up son give me room give me room

He needs to get over himself & quit whining about the whole "Vanilla Ice" thing & just enjoy it for what it was. And crossing out the pics on the wall was childish. But the tantrum in the market rivaled that of a 3 year old.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Rob is a Hypocrite!!!!!!!!

He about had a meltdown tonight about how he wanted to escape the whole Vanilla Ice image and how he didn't like being humiliated on TV. He does not practice the golden rule of do unto other as you would have them do unto you, though.

The first chance he got to humiliate someone else, he jumped at it. I didn't like the way he treated Gary Coleman at all. Gary's height is the result of a degenerative birth defect. It is no different that if he were mentally retarted or in a wheelchair. It is in some since of the word equivalent to a disability. Aside from that, he is a 35 year-old man. I'm sure it was humiliating for him to be carried around as if he were a 3 year-old. Not only did he humiliate Gary in front of the entire (crowded) restaurant, but he also humiliated him on television. And didn't Rob go off about how he hated to be humiliated on TV? I think it's poetic justice if he is humiliated after that.

Also, he went on and on about the whole "What you talking about Willis" thing! That is NO DIFFERENT than fans pestering him to sing Play That Funky Music White Boy or Ice Ice Baby (the rap version not the creeepy Rob rendition). He would have had a meltdown if Gary (or someone else) had demanded that of him.

I think Gary's meltdown was somewhat justified. When you have a physical problem that makes you different, you constantly feel like you have to prove yourself. You don't want to fail on any level. I'm sure Gary really beat himself up about his failure on this. He is the type who internalizes things like that. Couple that with being carried around and made fun of all evening, and he was bound to blow.

I think they both need to seek counseling to learn how to be proud of what they did before. Both Rob and Gary are a part of pop culture that isn't going to go away. Both did some good work and should be proud, not try to escape it. Barry Williams (Greg Brady) once said that he was never truly happy as an adult until he learned how t invite Greg Brady into it. He admits that it wasn't the best television in history, but it is still playing after 35 years. There's something to be said for that. Diff'rent Strokes and the Vanilla Ice songs are similarly etched in pop culture, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

To Rob, I would say to stop being a hypocrite. If you don't want something done to you, don't do it to others. It just made you look bad.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I just had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    To Rob, I would say to stop being a hypocrite. If you don't want something done to you, don't do it to others. It just made you look bad.
    Exactly! What an idiot. I am already sick of his friggin whining... I really have enjoyed the rest of the group even that "pink tub" hating Tracy moment has not been as bad as Rob's hourly meltdowns. Geez I guess the WB must have missed his meltdown moment on MTV that got him banned for life from their station.

I completely agree with Trishelle about how Rob's anger management lessons obviously did not work... that he needed a refund. And if I hear Ice Ice Baby tell the camera one more time about "how cool he is" or "on the edge of coolness" and "how all this is cheesy... he is a STAR" ... I am going to have an Elvis moment and shoot my TV. Is there a chance his housemates will vote him out?

Rob is the biggest baby I have ever seen.Does he think they asked him to do this show because he is a big star?Look around Rob.Notice how all of your housemates are C listers at best.But it seems that the rest of them are ok with that.Not only that but I hope you don't behave that way at home around your children because if you do they must be pretty frightened.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast