+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion Thread

I certainly enjoyed the different genres, but I thought the Indian soloist should have won over the Russian ballerina. I thought she was more entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3291998;
    I certainly enjoyed the different genres, but I thought the Indian soloist should have won over the Russian ballerina. I thought she was more entertaining!
    Its a permanent built-in bias. No dance critic is ever going to not rate a Russian prima ballerina really highly.

If its any consolation, she's the Principal of the San Francisco Ballet. So its hardly like the ridiculous medal went all that far.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3290937;
    The opening number was a taped retread from one of Flateley's old shows. Not to say it wasn't fun to watch, but it was from about 20 years ago.
    Actually the clip is from Celtic Tiger, which opened late 2006. Michael toured a few months before he came down with some mysterious illness around November 2006.

Who is John Galt?

I loved the Argentinian tango couple and definitely agree that first place went to the right couple. The male dancer, altho about 10 years younger than his partner, was hot, hot, hot and great at conveying the passion of tango. Unfortunately, he was so compelling and beautiful, I didn't watch his partner as much as I should have.

USA's dance troupe Groovaloos was the best. The Aussies did too much rolling around on the floor (in every performance) and the Chinese were more athleticism and acrobotics and less dance.

As for individuals, I personally think first place went to the right person. I just can't get into Indian dancing and our guy was boring after the first time you see him (at least to me).

Other comments:
    1. Michael Flatley should stick to dancing and leave the emcee job to someone else.
    2. His co-host was much better, but no Cat (of SYTYCD).
    3. The judges were boring (China), amusing (Russia), interesting (Argentina), nice (USA), biased (So. Africa).
    4. This show will never see the light of day a second time.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

aname2, (because of your comments-and I agree wholeheartedly with you) it doesn't make sense, but I bet we will have at least one more fiasco/show. It was mildly entertaining, but there wasn't enough drama. I personally don't know if it would hold my interest because I wasn't at the edge of my seat for all of this season's shows

It started out with such promise but by the end of the show? I'd completely lost interest. Heck, I've yet to watch the final show! I won't watch it if they do a second season. My main problem with it was the obvious biases of many of the judges. I didn't agree with the majority of the scoring (giving 10's to somebody for basically doing a pole dance?). And I didn't think it was fair to pit classical dance against tribal dance and not at least have judges who were informed enough in both genres to be able to score appropriately.

Anyways, shame. It should have and could have been much better.

I know that the show has been over for awhile, but congrats team USA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12