+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS****

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS****

Flatley... stop winking at me! Stop winking at me!

Bwaaaaaaah! Its started off creepy, but its bordering on bizarre now.

And the timing of his winks rarely make any kind of objective sense.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The production still svcks.

My thoughts on last night:
    - The contemporary dancer was great. Hard to see how he lost to the traditional Indian dance, but I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder.
    - The Groovaloos were good, not 10 worthy good, but good nonetheless. Groovaloos vs. Monks next week should be interesting.
    - I think the ballerina was overmarked as she was a tad off pointe coming out of her turns... I saw many balance checks.

I loved watching the talent. I really enjoyed the Indian solo-I was engaged the whole time. I didn't "get" the Australian group-more acrobatic to me rather than dancing. I loved the US group! I wasn't so impressed w/the Russian ballet-she sure can do her turns, though. It just wasn't fluid into the next-maybe her next solo can consist solely on pirouettes!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Famita, I agree with you about the Australians - their choreography seems disjointed to me. I don't get a sense of 'group' about them, more a sense of individuals performig at the same time.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I watched again! I love the Groovaloos! They are awesome! Popper did much better this time around too! Russian judge cracks me up!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm shocked that the Australian Contemp dude got axed right away. I never thought he was any good but he was 1st place last week with 16 soloists. He is already 4th out of 4 and eliminated.
    Click to see Spoiler:

They showed Robert (the US Popper) in the preview doing a dance move we have not seen him do, also in a different outfit. Believes me to think he is part of the final 3 soloists. Pretty good for him, seeing as he barely made the final 8.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Robert got such high marks i can't see any of the last three being able to top him.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I'm watching; I love watching a variety of dance, but I don't comment much.

I was sorry to see the Russian cossack dance group go since that genre is a favorite of mine and I thought they were as good as or better than some other groups. I adore ballet, but I think the Russian ballerina just isn't good enough.

I'm disappointed that the U.S. choice two street dance entrants when there are other genres that represent America. I find Robert unique and entertaining and I enjoy the group more than I usually enjoy hip hop, but what about jitterbug, or Broadway, or Hawaiian dancers. Originally, I was delighted that tap dancing was to be represented, but the performer they chose was just awful, in my opinion.

The Russian judge is a hoot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I recorded the show last night. Sounds like it was good, I'm looking forward to having the time to watch it, probably over the weekend. The popper does not interest me-kinda freaks me out when he does the over the top contortions.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3276143;
    I love the Groovaloos! They are awesome!
    I love them too. Unlike all the acrobatic teams from the other countries, the Groovaloos actually dance -- with awesomeness.

Btw, I wonder if the Irish team will ever do anything that we haven't already seen in Lord of the Dance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast