+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 1/4 Premiere Episode *~Spoilers~*

MRD

Re: 1/4 Premiere Episode *~Spoilers~*

I am learning how to say '8' in Russian though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We've named the Chinese monk "Bah" ... that's his usual score. No comment on the other judges' names ... !
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The Irish appear to have only one dance and then they don't even move their arms. WHAT KIND OF DANCING IS THAT WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN MOVE YOUR ARMS!!!! I think they found all these dancers bus and trucking it around the USA. They are really the dregs of the dance world. If I want to see real Indian dancing, I'll go to a Bollywood movie. And considering that Russia has the two greatest ballet theatres in the world, the Bolshoi and the Kirov, I think these Russians look like they were found dancing for roubles in the Russian Subway. The Argentian soloist looked like a bar dancer in a cheap Argentenian night club. All in all, real second rate performers and judges who are afraid to give anything less than an eight. Do you get the impression that the winner has already been decided. And WHAT'S with the prize, a cheap trophy!!! They should get some kind of cash award, at least enough to take dance lessons.

Chris, traditional Irish dancing is very rigid. Straight upper body, no movement of the arms, just the feet and legs (for the kicks), and no dancing all over the stage! Basically just standing in place and moving the legs to the music. Back in the 1700 and 1800s, dance masters would go from parish to parish, town to town, and teach the certain dance steps. It is said that the arms had to be at the sides so that the priests wouldn't have a fit about a dancer touching another dancer inappropriately!

What you are seeing on this show is Michael Flatley's interpretation of Irish dancing and it does feature arm movement and dancing all over the stage.
    So far, the Irish dancers have danced to music from Lord of the Dance, which Michael Flatley produced and choreographed.

Personally, I would much rather see more traditional Irish step-dancing, set dances, céilí dances and Sean-nós style dances, set to more traditional Irish music. But Micheal Flatley's style brings the "wow" factor and he is, after all, on the show! Go figure.

FORT Fogey

These dancers are not the best in the countries and the choregraphy is poor in most cases. I took it off my Tivo. Two shows was enough. It is seriously flawed. Enough of copy cat shows, develop something new. SYTYCD is excellent in every way and cannot be topped or even equaled. I don't watch DWTS becasuse it bores me to tears.

MRD

Should be called the superstars of acrobatics. Not a lot of dancing. I had high hopes for the S. African ballroom duo, but then it went from dancing to all lifts. Her feet never touched the floor for the 2nd half of the dance. After seeing that I'm glad DWTS discourages lifts.

I was so happy to see the Russian ballerina. I liked the Cossacks too and while they got low scores I thought they were good. I happen to know a bit about that dance and it is highly acrobatic, but that's part of it.

I thought the Chinese duo did an amazing feet. En pointe is difficult on a floor, I can't imagine it on someone's shoulder, but still very little dance.

Yep, after 2 shows, I think I've seen enough. The amatuers on DWTS do better jobs than these so-called professionals.

And while I think Irish dance is beautiful, it's a whole lot of the same after a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Who is John Galt?

In contrast to most of the comments on this show, I actually enjoyed it. I love dance, in any form. I agree that some of the dancers were probably not the very best the country has to offer, but they were good IMO. I especially liked the Argentian tango dancers - very hot and sexy.

I have to chime in here and say we are LOVIN this show in our house.

The diversity of dance is just staggering - and what a fantastic venue to showcase the cultural differences.

Some of the performances have been so memorable - we especially loved the South African female soloist. Yeah, it was different - but we will never forget her. She was an Amazon - all muscles and legs and emotion.

We can't wait for next week!

Just wanted to throw some positivity into the mix ....

Most of this is pure amateurish. Wondering who came up with the popper and street dancers to represent US!! The street dancer bit is getting a little old. The US couple that danced was great. Several of the couples were good but that's about it. The camera work made me queasy. The judges are too partial. Surprised the Chinese guy could say nine occasionally instead of eight. I've seen enough not to continue watching.

+ Reply to Thread