+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 Premiere Episode *~Spoilers~*

Re: 1/4 Premiere Episode *~Spoilers~*

I found the entire show boring. I expected to see dancers from each country presenting traditional dances, and so was shocked when the popper came up as the solo dancer for the US. Even the dancers who did things that were more traditional were off the mark or amateurish. I've been to several international dance festivals that had better dance troupes and soloists than what I saw on TV last night. I fell asleep after about an hour, and don't think I'll bother to watch it again.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I was prepared to be "wow'd" and wasn't. There were a few good performances (not so much dancing) but I wanted more. I was intrigued by the Zulu dancer-but what was up with those high kicks? I can't imagine Zulu warriors doing those kicks to their opponents or to their prey. The first judge went out of her way to be fair-8's and 9's that I saw (I went to bed early so I didn't get to watch all the acts). I might turn it on again if there's nothing else on.

FORT Regular

Completely disappointed in this show. Had so much potential. Felt like a rehash of SYTYCD kind of.

I've taken it off my tivo.

It was boring.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The only way I'll waste my time watching this again is if there is absolutely nothing else on on Monday nights....and we know that that is not possible! DWTS has even worn thin with me, after that too long season last time. Whomever decided that this program would be a good idea should lose their job. This show is not even worth recording and fast forwarding through.

(And I don't ever remember seeing a Zulu dance without those phenomenal high kicks!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Haven't had a chance to read through the posts, but I was shocked at how bad the production is. Lighting was bad, cameras were shaky, and the director made terrible choices on which cameras to use and when. About a third of each performance was either in the dark or playing to a misfocused camera. Frankly, our local TV talent show had better production values. Nigel, if you're reading this, please fire that crew ASAP.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I know Nigel, Simon, and NBC touted this as being the next big thing, being different from other dance shows (they can say that again-and not in a good way), and that this featured the best of the best from around the world. I know that's all pure press hype but regardless, as I watched many performances I was thinking "That's the best they can find?"

I guess March and DWTS isn't that far off. I'll wait and find something else Monday.

FORT Fogey

Famita--there IS something else on--the premiere of "The Batchelor"!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3264870;
    Another couple of things: I like that they have expanded the definition of dance to include exibitions and acrobatics. With so many performing it would be would be boring otherwise, not that it isn't now. I will keep watching but let my Tivo pick it up first. It requires a healty dose of FF.

The chat on the couch is not interesting We heard the African woman diss her soloist! He can do better? I am sure that flavored the judging. If his own expert did not rave about him why should they deal out fancy scores.
    I had a problem watching some of these performances, because they were NOT dancing! That dude from the US....okay he is a contortionist. But dancing? Huh? The Chinese ribbon "dancer" really wasn't dancing and neither were the Chinese monks. Martial arts, yes; acrobatics, yes; dancing, um, not really.

How about the Russian judge who stated that he had heard from the Kremlin and if that girl didn't score well, she would be sent off to Siberia???? Maybe he thought it was funny, but I didn't and I don't think she appreciated it either! And then she ended up with low scores! Nyet!

I was so mad at myself, though, because I took a potty break and when I came back out, the Irish dancer who did his solo was being scored. I missed his dance. Will have to catch it if it is on the NBC site.

I also wondered why they mix up the dances. First we had the Irish group dance, then went to the American solo, then to a pair, etc. It's all over the place.

And mabe Michael Flatley thinks he can be a fabulous host, but he should stick to choreography and dancing.

I dosed off twice during the show and did not see all the performances. I will DVR it, and see if tonight's show is any better. If not, it will be off the schedule for me as well. I am going to watch the Bachelor in real time, then switch to Momma's Boys and DVR that other show on ABC that comes on after the Bachelor.

The kung fu artist with the iron whip was not dancing. He's performing a wushu form. Wushu has zilch to do with any kind of aspect of dancing at all. It's all about fighting.

WHY do they have martial artists on a dance show?

This show is a joke towards dance. Every other performance was merely a display in talent in everything imaginable BUT dance!

This would be fine if the show was called "Superstars of Performance".

This is crazy! And quite dumb in its attempt.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread