+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Superstars of Dance

About Superstars of Dance

Mondays, beginning January 5 through January 19 (8-10 p.m. ET);
    Premieres Sunday, January 4 (9-11 p.m. ET)
    "Superstars of Dance," hosted by Michael Flatley ("Lord of the Dance"), is a breathtaking international dance competition led by executive producers Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller, two of the masterminds behind "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance." The unique series will pit the masters of various dance genres from eight countries against each other. Equal parts sporting event, rock concert and artistic exhibition, "Superstars of Dance" is poised to become one the greatest spectacles of dance performance ever seen on television.
    Eight countries will participate in the competition with each team comprised of two soloists, one duo and one larger group. Viewers will get to know the competitors and the coaches through the trials and tribulations, both behind the scenes and on the stage. The stakes are high for these artists, as they are not only representing themselves, but also their dance form and their entire nation.
    The eight countries currently scheduled to participate include: Ireland, India, USA, Argentina, China, Russia, South Africa and Australia.
    "Superstars of Dance" is from 19 Entertainment. Nigel Lythgoe ("American Idol," "So You Think You Can Dance") and Simon Fuller ("American Idol," "So You Think You Can Dance") are the executive producers.
    Last edited by iguanachocolate; 01-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: About The Show

I am really looking forward to this show but how is USA going to represent our "dance form"? We are extremely diverse when it comes to dancing styles. Maybe they'll do a mish mosh of country and hip hop and other silly stuff. I'm sure we'll look pretty dumb compared to the Russians and the Irish.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3259057;
    I am really looking forward to this show but how is USA going to represent our "dance form"? We are extremely diverse when it comes to dancing styles. Maybe they'll do a mish mosh of country and hip hop and other silly stuff. I'm sure we'll look pretty dumb compared to the Russians and the Irish.
    I bet we will shine brightly. Hip Hop, jitterbug/jive, tap and lyrical to name 4.

Just how much clogging can you watch in one sitting? I would say Ireland is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3259057;
    Square Dance!! Promenade! Swing your Partners! Bow to the left, now Bow to the Right ... !
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm more excited about this show than any of the other dance shows that have been aired recently!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

bug, I'm with you-I think it'll be exciting! I am interested to see what all forms of dance there will be!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3259115;
    I bet we will shine brightly. Hip Hop, jitterbug/jive, tap and lyrical to name 4.

Just how much clogging can you watch in one sitting? I would say Ireland is in trouble.
    The US has a version of clogging as well, maybe there will be a clog off!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3259115;

I could never get tired of Irish dancing. It's probably my favorite
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

River dance.... bring it on!! I get really excited when watching that dance!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hope it'll be more educational than the mainstream danceshows. I seem to recall in the early years of DWTS that they explained what to look for in various dances, but recently, not so much.

I'm looking forward to India! Bollywood, whoo hoo.

Funny, the first thing I thought of for USA was something like west coast swing, but I don't know if that has origins outside the US.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast