+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

What in the world was the phrase "But we didn't lie to you about the audience loving you." for?...I'm dumbfounded. Lame ending.

That was really disappointing.

Ok, that duet was just painful.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Mario hurt my ears...plus I had to laugh the way he kept looking at the camera.

I think the only reason Jamie won was her assets.
    More like her frontsets.

Premium Member
    Blah, horrible ending. Jamie was nowhere near the worst singer, and neither was Mario for that matter. He didn't sound THAT bad when he wasn't screaming and trying to hit insane notes. So the "hot" blonde wins even for worst singer?

Ah well, maybe the people who keep lecturing others for watching the show, symbol of all that is cruel and wrong with the world today, will feel better after seeing the ending. :rolleyes Heck the joke was on US for actually making it through a season of this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    What in the world was the phrase "But we didn't lie to you about the audience loving you." for?...I'm dumbfounded. Lame ending.
    Yes, that phrase irritated me too. The audience clapped because they were told this was a charity case of some type. And because audiences frequently respond blindly to "Applause" signs. It was midway between pity and obliviousness, and that comment was just an insult to seal the deal. That's what the host should feel bad about more than the premise of the whole show--for going along with some lame attempt to make it seem inspirational. It's not... at times it was just funny. It was never inspirational.

Premium Member
    What, you don't feel inspired to let yourself get made fun of on national TV for weeks so you can snag a cool 5 grand like Rosa? Geez I could make my dreams come true with FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

I certainly gained some new respect for the WB after watching this show and seeing how they spare no expense.

FORT Newbie
    didnt the host tell the audience it was a scam in the begining of this episode?

there were probably 2 sets of audiences, it may have been last weeks who were told they were with make a wish

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    You can't tell me Rosa wasn't the worst of the three. Even when Jamie heard herself, she didn't seem to upset. Her smile dropped at one segment, but it kept coming back. She actually seemed honored after they told her she won for being the "worst" singer. The duet was bad because of Jamie. Mario really wasn't that bad, so that's probably where Jamie won. The two didn't seem to notice how bad the other was. They probably just though "I have this won".

I didn't appreciate how they sugarcoated it in the end. This series was mean spirited from the beginning.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Oh man, I fell asleep partway thru the show...and I get the feeling I had it good by missing it. Thanks for keeping the updates so that my nap didn't have to be interrupted by "that"....ahhhhh so glad right now and I was so grumpy when I just woke up cause I missed the ending.

+ Reply to Thread