+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rosa was the obvious winner --- pretty much everyone here agrees. They probably didn't pick her because it would have made it too obvious to the other singer in the duet that they were being tricked. Singing off key is one thing, but her mispronounciation would be hard to ignore.

I agree that the show was extremely lame. If WB tries to do a similar show I won't be watching until the end (maybe the first few shows). In the end, they screwed the loyal viewer just so they could make themselves look better (which didn't work).

The ending was quite a disappointment. Nobody was upset. I was surprised that the final 2 wasn't Rosa and Mario. They were the ultimate worst singers. Jamie was lucky to make the worst 3 because she was getting worse after every performance but wasn't as bad as the other two who were very consistently horrible. The prize included a $50,000 recording contract and that's probably why they picked Jamie. She could at least almost sing and her voice is not as terrible as Rosa and Mario. Rosa indeed was the worst singer, bad english, diction, pronounciation, grammar etc...she should have won. Mario can at least remember the words but his screaming was hellacious! also his look and moves were the dorkiest ever in any competition I almost fell off my couch! They needed someone who can be trained and of the three only Jamie has a bit of potential. THey played it safe.

I finally had a chance to watch this. The ending when they revealed the twist to her was crap. They tried to make it look like they wanted to find someone with potential who could become the next Britney Spears, when all they wanted someone who would have their 15 minutes and bring in some money. They should've had that done completly different.

*sigh*

Man....

It hurts MY EYES how you're talking about Mario....X_x

Well... The most of you....

Maybe he can't sing, but he's got a big heart!

And btw. He's MY boyfriend. You don't have to like him. But please please leave him alone! Don't be so mean!

Quote Originally Posted by MimiRodgers
    *sigh*

Man....

And btw. He's MY boyfriend. You don't have to like him. But please please leave him alone! Don't be so mean!

Dear Mimi,

Could you please reactivate Mario Rodgers Shrine? That website account's has been frozen. I love watching the clips when Mario dancing. Btw, how's the road trip? Did you guys get married? Wish you both the best of luck!!!
    "A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down" - Robert Benchley

"Animals are such agreeable friends-- they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" -George Eliot

Sarah Brightman IS the Angel of Music!!!

*sigh*

Man....

Sweetie... really... Close your eyes then. You KNOW that people are going to ridicule, discuss, and give their opinions. ESPECIALLY this kind of show. You should have seen it coming and stopped him from even auditioning! I would have saved MY boyfriend from such embarrassments. This entire site is dedicated to reality shows and the discussion of them. It wouldn't have matter even IF he was a hottie. Look at Jamie. Cute, and yet, we can't help but poke fun at how horrible she sounded. Poor Mario was an easy target... IE: his dancing and comments ALONG with his horrendous singing. I'm sorry... if this is all hurtful. I would just stop coming to these places where your Mario is the topic. Duh. :rolleyes *PLUS* I don't recall anyone saying that he was a mean or horrible person, or that they didn't like him. He just made some embarrassing choices, that he now has to live with. In my opinion, the 10 grand should more than soften the blow. Mario could have received nothing.
    Your valiant efforts to come defend him and declare your undying love for him are noble. But here's some advice... move on... marry the guy... and live happily ever after. This will all blow over for the most part. Everything in life happens for a reason.

Well... I can't reactivate it... Or I don't know how....

I'll try...

I deleted the pictures of him dancing and the *Resident Badass* one. Because they were so big...

So, let's wait a little...

If you want I can send you the animated pictures.

Edit: No. We didn't get married yet! I hope soon.
    Last edited by MimiRodgers; 06-19-2004 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisahasamac
    Sweetie... really... Close your eyes then. You KNOW that people are going to ridicule, discuss, and give their opinions. ESPECIALLY this kind of show. You should have seen it coming and stopped him from even auditioning! I would have saved MY boyfriend from such embarrassments. This entire site is dedicated to reality shows and the discussion of them. It wouldn't have matter even IF he was a hottie. Look at Jamie. Cute, and yet, we can't help but poke fun at how horrible she sounded. Poor Mario was an easy target... IE: his dancing and comments ALONG with his horrendous singing. I'm sorry... if this is all hurtful. I would just stop coming to these places where your Mario is the topic. Duh. :rolleyes *PLUS* I don't recall anyone saying that he was a mean or horrible person, or that they didn't like him. He just made some embarrassing choices, that he now has to live with. In my opinion, the 10 grand should more than soften the blow. Mario could have received nothing.
    Your valiant efforts to come defend him and declare your undying love for him are noble. But here's some advice... move on... marry the guy... and live happily ever after. This will all blow over for the most part. Everything in life happens for a reason.
    *sigh*

I know what you mean.

But a lot of people just say crap.... I can't stand it sometimes...

Mario can sing pretty well when he sings low notes. But high notes......um.....no.... He has to work on it. And he IS working on it.

Every morning.... I really need something for my headache.....

No, really. The CD's are terrible.

He sings "Maaaameeeemiiiimooomuuuuuuuuuu hhhh" (along with the woman on the CD) and it sounds like a cow.... :rolleyes

*sigh* I hope it works a little....

He still makes me proud.

Well... I can't reactivate it... Or I don't know how....

I'll try...

I deleted the pictures of him dancing and the *Resident Badass* one. Because they were so big...

So, let's wait a little...

If you want I can send you the animated pictures.

Edit: No. We didn't get married yet! I hope soon.

Mimi,

Please tell Mario the song is "I Don't Wanna Be" by Gavin DeGraw, it is the theme song for WB's One Tree Hill
    "A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down" - Robert Benchley

"Animals are such agreeable friends-- they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" -George Eliot

Sarah Brightman IS the Angel of Music!!!

+ Reply to Thread