+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The ending was so sugar-coated that it sucked. So much for the "build-up".

I did notice this though... each and every one of those people (Rosa, Mario, Jamie) were happy to have recieved the $$. They each knew what was told to them (you actually SUCK at singing), and they didn't care.
    I still don't feel "bad" for the people who we were all suppose to laugh at, they at least got PAID for doing this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It was kind of obvious for Jamie to win because Mario was sort of William Hung esk and Rosa couldn't remembers the words so Jamie was the obvious pick.

But why didn't any of them seemed the least bit mad that they were told they suck at singing? And Rosa even went on to say she wants to continue her musical career.

FORT Newbie
    They all didnt seem to care it was fake.... I really think they are all actors. Just seeing Jamies reaction too, she didnt seem to care at all, PLUS when she sang the duet she didnt sound bad at all in the beginning, makes me think that she was faking being so bad the whole time....

Somethin fishy about that show last night, the reactions to me said they all knew about it or were actors....

FORT Newbie
    i guess too many people thought either the winner would cry and run off stage or curse and hit one of the judges. but since that didnt happen..

Perhaps the contestants didn't give each other hugs after eliminations cause they didn't know each other very well? I mean, they don't live in a house together or anything. They don't rehearse together cause they aren't allowed to hear each other.

Also, I'm not sure if Jamie will sell music. I think William Hung kinda tapped the market for that. JMHO
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Maybe if the host had told her "We were looking for the WORST singer in America...and you won!" She might have understood...maybe he didn't want to hurt her feelings and fumbled all the words he was supposed to say wrong?

FORT Newbie

Let's face it...

Jaime's well on her way to stripper stardom. All she was lacking last night was a pole... and she is a couple frys short of a Happy Meal. I don't think it really even dawned on her she'd been assed on national TV. I'm sure she's made a fool of herself for much less than $100 grand.

And for Rosa to say "no wonder Jaime won" when she found out they were picking the worst singers. Sweetie, you took third.

I'm glad Mario didn't win. That he hasn't offed himself by now is incredible. Knowing he wouldn't be able to walk through Wal-Mart without being ridiculed would send him over the edge.

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    wait... I love Elvis Costello (have for many years) and I'm 25!
    You don't have to be "old" to like great music.
    Hear, hear! (Or is that "here, here"?) I'm also 25 and I LOVE E.C. I've only been into him for a little more than a year, but I think his voice is just so unusual and amazing. (I've got "Radio, Radio" stuck in my head right now actually.)

Back on topic, ..... pleh! God, the ending sucked! I was watching it last night and after they announced that Jamie was the winner and she didn't cry or anything (my family and I were ALL hoping for some tears, and not "I won! Oh my god, this is the greatest day of my life!" tears but rather "The hell? You think I suck? You people are mean!" tears). We didn't even get THAT, for god's sakes.

it'smejudy, my dad said almost the exact same thing last night about Jamie needing a pole. Bwaah!
    Last edited by MysticalChicken; 06-15-2004 at 05:09 PM. Reason: forgot a parenthesis

Cause it's true! The girl giggled and laughed the most when someone would say something about her "assets".
    Gee.. she's a fan of Ms Spears, who'd of thunk it?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lisahasamac
    The host is from where I live. He was on a radio show this morning on the telephone. He said that he felt horrible delivering the news, and it was the worst thing he ever had to do.
    That's what it seemed like. McFayden was saying all that stuff about being a superstar despite a lousy voice...but then it seemed like he felt BAD as it sort of (barely) started to sink in...and right away said "BUT THIS AUDIENCE LOVES YOU!!" and Jamie went from somewhat confused to all happy again...

Tweet

+ Reply to Thread