+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Reality
    Doesn't anyone realize that this show was so scripted and full of bad acting. Please! And that blonde winner kept wiping her non existent tears. She was horrible. She needs to go back to Acting 101. I mean, come on, they've heard everyone else in the comp. so far and they even thought they were all great! Whatever. It was cheap. Hello - people get a clue. It was so bad.
    Actually, they kept everyone from hearing each other, according to what they kept telling us anyway. Although at the end it kind of seemed like possibly that wasn't correct based on what Rosa said about Jamie. She may have just heard her for the first time after being eliminated though, too. We weren't there (at least I wasn't), so we just have to believe (or not) what we were told about it. ANYWAYS, AGAIN. That's what's so great about this site. Everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion!!
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    I don't think she got it until it aired. Cause the way they said it to her still sounded confusing to her. But they told Rosa and Mario "we were searching for America's Worst singer"
    i agree with my mother about some being hired to be contestants. or most were hired.
    Cause at the end Jamie was all like "Britney call me" about making a video together.
    the ending was too fast and no reaction.
    and he changed the wording of the prize as if it wasn't a cash advance
    How could they justify telling the other two and not her? How could they keep her in the dark for MONTHS--without prepping her for appearances, her "record deal" etc.

She was told. Just not "on stage" I guess--at least in terms that her limited brain could process. But offstage afterwards? Of course. They drew pictures or something.

haha yeah i get your point. But the descriptive wording they used were confusing her. i could tell. Then that pause followed by Brian's quote about the fans wanting more of her.
    i thought it was kind of wierd how it went to fast after Rosa got the cut. I thought they were gonna do something like have them change show them practicing for the duet. It wasn't even like a duet man.
    it does seem like they heard each other sing at one point

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Reality
    I mean, come on, they've heard everyone else in the comp. so far and they even thought they were all great! Whatever. It was cheap. Hello - people get a clue. It was so bad.
    We were told that the contestants were isolated from each other when performing up until the final duet. This show was so full of straight up bizarreness that who knows what was "real", at this point.

I agree that the show was incredibly cheap though. I can't get over how pathetic the final consolation prizes were. $10,000? For an entire series, even of B grade (or C....or D) reality TV? I'm finding myself comparing it to Survivor prizes but then I'm guessing companies actually pay decent amounts for Survivor advertising. Who sponsored this crap?

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    What the hell was that? What a horrible ending. It seemed like McFadden didn't have the balls to be brutally honest. And given Jamie's level of delusion, he would have to be really direct. I thought they'd go to each judge and let them give their honest opinions for once. I thought the joke was on the contestants. Apparently, I was wrong. The joke has been on us. They've been stringing us along for that?!?

If you remember before the show came out, one of the producers said that the last 20 minutes were the most amazing 20 minutes of TV he's ever seen. What a stinking, uneven load of baboon crap. That couldn't be further from the truth. You cancel Angel and then push this drivel on us? Idiots. :phhht

He also said that if the show were successful enough, they were considering both an album and a concert tour. Given that, I can see why they chose Jamie. She definitely can get people to look at whatever it is they're advertising. I hope they do it and it's a phenomenal failure. I won't hold my breath though, given William Hung's "success."

At least Mario had a positive attitude about it. Unlike the others, he seemed to appreciate that, even though he was deluded at the time, he got to experience something that must seemed pretty amazing. That said, if you read some of his recent blog entries or some of his posts here at the fort, he does not seem like a happy camper any more. It's too bad they didn't do a reveal and then interview each of the 10 finalists. That might have been interesting.

in banana world
    Did it bother anyone else how immaturely both Mario and Rosa acted when the got cut, ESPECIALLY Mario? Rosa just walks off stage as soon as she finds out she lost, and Mario STORMS off stage like one big baby. Shouldn't you at least pretend to be happy for the winner and give them a fake hug, at least? Goodness, Imagine if someone did that on American Idol or on some real show...Then again, no one with a normal emotional intelligence would react that way towards losing.

FORT Fan
    FAKE!! FAKE!! FAKE!!

I'm pretty much convinced it's all fake. I started suspecting a week or 2 ago and now I'm pretty much convinced. People took their rejections way too well. No emotional reactions like you see in American Idols. I think the show started off real, especially during the eliminations. But once they got down to the final 4, I'm pretty sure everyone was let in on the hoax. Notice how everyone seemed to get worst during the last 2 shows compared to earlier shows. The only one that convinced me they were really competing was Rosa, but given her reaction today in her change room I think even she was just acting.

When Mario got booted off, I don't think he left because he was a sore loser. I think it was because he was as bad in acting as he was in singing and they told him to just turn right away and leave. Otherwise, it would be too obvious when he shows no dissapointment or emotion.

I think they had picked Jamie to win early on. The reason is that Jamie is marketable while Mario is not (noone would tune in to watch him) and Rosa was too poor with her english. Also, Jamie simply sounded too good whenever she wasn't purposely trying to sing off-key. You can tell cause there are parts where she sang like she actually sang before and had real experience. Her singing is certainly not Christina Aguilera level good, but I think she's at least on par with the likes of Britney Spears when she's not purposely singling off key and screaming. (She may even have been a seed in the competition from the begiinning.)

I think they're planning to really make her a "star" now. They'll play it off as if she had been practicing hard and improving. And then she'll release a single and we'll see the real Jamie sing, which I would expect to be at Britney Spears or Jess Simpson level of singing.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-15-2004 at 04:53 AM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    Did it bother anyone else how immaturely both Mario and Rosa acted when the got cut, ESPECIALLY Mario.
    I think it's because he lacked the acting skill to pull off a convincing reaction, so the producers just told him to turn and walk away.

FORT Fan
    Terrible Ending...

Jamie is not America's worst singer. Rosa and Mario clearly have more horrendus voices. However, Jamie probably fits the deluded, semi-marketable winner mold the producers wanted and she got the nod. I guess we won't have to be looking forward to Superstar Season Two. May we never hear their voices again.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    FAKE!! FAKE!! FAKE!!

I'm pretty much convinced it's all fake. I started suspecting a week or 2 ago and now I'm pretty much convinced. People took their rejections way too well. No emotional reactions like you see in American Idols. I think the show started off real, especially during the eliminations. But once they got down to the final 4, I'm pretty sure everyone was let in on the hoax. Notice how everyone seemed to get worst during the last 2 shows compared to earlier shows. The only one that convinced me they were really competing was Rosa, but given her reaction today in her change room I think even she was just acting.

Another great observation. Er...idea. whatever. I had rejected the ideas that the whole show was fake because of some of the other stuff I've found, like "Jamies" petition :rolleyes , a number of audition photos with huge lines, certain postings *coughcough*, etc etc it would have been so much effort for the whole thing to be a total joke. But I could buy this idea. They did seem to get MUCH worse at the end, especially on tonight's episode.

That being said, I am still quite disturbed by Rosa's final "performance".

+ Reply to Thread