+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    She actually seemed honored after they told her she won for being the "worst" singer. The duet was bad because of Jamie. Mario really wasn't that bad, so that's probably where Jamie won. The two didn't seem to notice how bad the other was. They probably just though "I have this won".

I didn't appreciate how they sugarcoated it in the end. This series was mean spirited from the beginning.

I'm very disappointed with this ending. I thought the show was so mean at first and I didn't want to watch. Of course I ended up watching a little and couldn't believe these people actually think the can sing! After about 5 minutes you really just want someone to tell these people they suck. They blew it at the end. They basically told her "You're a crappy singer, but we think you can be a superstar anyway." Lame... :rolleyes

FORT Regular

Typical reality TV finale.

Even on the reality shows with the cruelest premises (Joe Schmo, Joe Millionaire, et al.), there always has to be a sappy ending. If "Superstar USA's" finale were live (or on a 5 second delay to account for the torrent of expletives sure to flow out of participants' mouths), we'd probably see how the contestants REALLY felt about being duped in front of millions, and it wouldn't be the same, but much more entertaining.
    And about my namesake (Mario) using the money to bring his fiancee from Germany to the US to get married; I thought mail order brides went out with the 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrfan
    there were probably 2 sets of audiences, it may have been last weeks who were told they were with make a wish
    I dunno... I have a feeling the whole Make a Wish thing was just a lie/rumor to create some controversy or some crap. Besides, why would they tell them that? To make them not laugh? Really, if someone sucks at singing, I don't see how having a terminal disease would make their singing any less funny and stop you from laughing.

in banana world
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    You can't tell me Rosa wasn't the worst of the three. Even when Jamie heard herself, she didn't seem to upset. Her smile dropped at one segment, but it kept coming back. She actually seemed honored after they told her she won for being the "worst" singer. The duet was bad because of Jamie. Mario really wasn't that bad, so that's probably where Jamie won. The two didn't seem to notice how bad the other was. They probably just though "I have this won".

I didn't appreciate how they sugarcoated it in the end. This series was mean spirited from the beginning.
    You really think the duet was bad because of Jamie?? Really?? Then I must be totally tone deaf , because I thought Jamie did a pretty good job considering she is supposed to be such a terrible singer. Her voice didn't bother me half as much as Mario's did, because he definitely wasn't going along with the song. His voice sounded like an annoying broken record, repeating the same noise over and over and over again..

I was never a Jamie fan, but I didn't think she deserved the title of the worst singer in America. I think that title goes to Rosa. I have no idea why she didn't win, because most of the time you can't even understand WHAT she's singing, and those noises she was making during "bootylicious" really didn't sound too appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Good lord. Are those of us who know what Elvis Costello looks like supposed to feel old now?
    wait... I love Elvis Costello (have for many years) and I'm 25!
    You don't have to be "old" to like great music.
    http://www.leahhoffman.homestead.com
    I LOVE KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to think Ryan Seacrest was the worst host ever, I take it back. BRYAN MCFADDEN, YOU ARE MY NEW CHAMPION OF STINKITUDE.

Er, the show stopped being mean-spirited at the most crucial moment.

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I don't think she got it until it aired. Cause the way they said it to her still sounded confusing to her. But they told Rosa and Mario "we were searching for America's Worst singer"
    i agree with my mother about some being hired to be contestants. or most were hired.
    Cause at the end Jamie was all like "Britney call me" about making a video together.
    the ending was too fast and no reaction.
    and he changed the wording of the prize as if it wasn't a cash advance

FORT Newbie
    Doesn't anyone realize that this show was so scripted and full of bad acting. Please! And that blonde winner kept wiping her non existent tears. She was horrible. She needs to go back to Acting 101. I mean, come on, they've heard everyone else in the comp. so far and they even thought they were all great! Whatever. It was cheap. Hello - people get a clue. It was so bad.

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    WOO HOO!!! I am kind of glad that Jamie won just based upon her being from my home state BUT, I don't want everybody getting the wrong ideas that all singers/performers from Minnesota are as bad as her and JoJo . I thought (unlike some other posters) that they at least tried to make her aware of what was up at the end, although with all the excitement, noise and possibly Jamie's naivete', that it was lost on her. Actually, I think they kinda got through to her somewhat, until they said that about the audience still loving her. That possibly confused her even more. Then again, at that point, maybe it just didn't even matter to her anymore as long as she knew that she was still going to get 'the spoils' of winning.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

+ Reply to Thread