+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those poor contestants....

FORT Newbie

Those poor contestants....

This show is hilarious, i have to admit. But they REALLY think they are SUPERSTARS and going to be famous? How are they gonna feel when the show gets exposed and they realize they are just losers again? Its so mean, they are all gonna need therapy! I know i would be angry if i honestly thought i was a star (now sure HOW they can really think that though....) and later found out it was all a joke at my expense...

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Well, it's sort of like the mean version of Joe Schmo.

Mario's fiancee has been on here and she has said that it is hard for him to watch himself.

I know! And they are POOR singers..
    cARRIE uNDERWOOD iS mY aMERICAN iDOL

Just because they sing bad doesn't mean that they are LOSERS.
    So they sing bad and the show hoaxed them. Just remember that in the end, when all is said and done, they STILL SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS to have it air.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I didnt mean they are LOSERS in that sense. But they really got made fun of, put down, and it was all done for TV, they will get ribbed once the show is over for sure. BUT you are correct, they didn't have to sign anything, but they did....so they have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Just because they sing bad doesn't mean that they are LOSERS.
    So they sing bad and the show hoaxed them. Just remember that in the end, when all is said and done, they STILL SIGNED THE AGREEMENTS to have it air.

Yes....I think its cruel...its exploitive and mean. Did I say cruel?

Yes... I know these people signed contracts in their excitement over being chosen for a TV show and possible stardom....

But let's lay the legal stuff to the side and say that this show had the legal ability to exploit these poor people.

They lack ethics and morality at the expense of money and is just one more reminder to me that this culture (and the rest of the world watches along with USA) is modeling something that doesn't reflect me as "middle american, normal folk that believes that people have feelings and deserve to be treated with respect.

Its sad. Remind me to call their sponsors in the morning.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Kaky, I'm not disagreeing with you. But you're watching. Or have watched, or you wouldn't be posting about it. In that regard, the WB got what it wanted.

I've only seen the latest episode of the show, so I can only comment on the last four contestants. Yes, it's a cruel joke. I have a great deal of sympathy for Mario - he seems like a sweet, if somewhat awkward young man. I have less sympathy for Rosa and Jamie; they seem to have enormous egos and attitudes of entitlement - especially Rosa. Folks that arrogant getting taken down a peg doesn't bother me too much.

And for the record, I only watched because I had to recap it.

Then all the prank shows are evil too. Hidden Camera, Punk'd, America's Funniest Videos, etc.. In those shows, people are being filmed (most of the time unknowing) doing stupid, idiotic stuff so we can laugh at them.

I highly doubt the "integrity of mankind" is at risk here simply because these people are singing badly on television and we're laughing. :rolleyes
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member

Nice new avatar Maveno

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky

They lack ethics and morality at the expense of money and is just one more reminder to me that this culture (and the rest of the world watches along with USA) is modeling something that doesn't reflect me as "middle american, normal folk that believes that people have feelings and deserve to be treated with respect.
    If you're that concerned with being "middle american" and with watching people being treated with respect, then why watch ANY reality shows?

How many of them exploit the contestants to some degree for the sake of good television, whether it's by editing them unfavorably, starving them on an island for a month to the point that they come home with bugs living in their legs (Colleen), or something else? How many of them put the contestants in the scenario of playing some ridiculous game to "win" a relatively small sum of money, or a mate? How many put the players in a scenario that makes them be as evil and manipulative as possible to those around them just to come out on top? Even the ones that are a little more "wholesome" have a cruel, insulting judge as one of the main attractions. The fact that the contestants are aware of what they're going into beforehand, unlike this particular show, does not change the exploitive nature of what may occur on the episodes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast