+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Did they do that for all 3 live shows?

I wonder if the producers made those signs the fans are holding

I love this show
    First, I'd count on the producers making those signs. Nobody in the audience knows these contestants.

Norelle//TrueBeauty Shandilized's Avatar
    Missed episode; So JoJo is gone (YESSSS) and now it's Jamie, Rosa and Mario?

My guess is Rosa winning still... when Jamie hits the notes she's actually not that bad, and Mario; when he hits notes its still plain bad but not as bad as Rosa... and he enunciates..

Rosa probably says enunciates "eh-u-see-ates" : :
    ::CYCLE4::
    [Tatiana][Rebecca][Naima][Kahlen][Christina]

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Question: Did anyone else notice Marcelles from Big Brother was in the audience? They showed him while JoJo was singing. I didn't tape it so I can't confirm it, but I'm pretty sure it was him.
    (I'll watch the train-wreck, but for god's sake, I'm not going to tapeit! )

Heheh yeah my brother said it was him too! I wasn't looking at the tv then so I missed him

Man I can't wait for the finale!!
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

FORT Fan
    At this point, I'm convinced both Jamie and Mario already knows it's a hoax and are just faking it.

There were parts of Jamie's performance that simply sounded too good. She sounds like a decent singer purposely trying to sound bad. Also she was never this bad during the prelims. Everytime she sounds really bad, she looks like she was putting a lot of effort into the singing. Everytime she wasn't paying attention to the singing, she sounds decent.

With Mario, it's the things he says that leads me to be suspicious. He says he's hot and sexy. Now I can believe he thinks he's a good singer cause he may be tone deaf or maybe just never listened to himself. But to think he's hot and sexy? I don't think so! I'm sure he's been made fun of in high school looking like that. Just no way I can believe he is truly that delusional. My guess is he's already found out and is putting on an act.

Rosa seems the most consistent and believable so far. Or maybe she's just a very good actress. In any event, I think Jamie and Mario already knows and is now putting on an act. With Rosa, I'm not so sure and think she still might be genuine.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-08-2004 at 02:39 AM.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    There were parts of Jamie's performance that simply sounded too good. She sounds like a decent singer purposely trying to sound bad. Also she was never this bad during the prelims. Everytime she sounds really bad, she looks like she was putting a lot of effort into the singing. Everytime she wasn't paying attention to the singing, she sounds decent.

Good observation. She did look a lot more relaxed when she sounded half decent. When she sounded REALLY awful, she looked like she was trying to ummmm excrete a brick shaped object.

Rosa, on the other hand, does come across as being totally delusional.

FORT Fan
    Superstar had me rolling with laughter tonight. Poor Rosa thinks she will be celebrating her win by moving into the house with no mold and new plumbing. Jamie gives one of the worst performances of all time. Mario does a Mario. Sad as it seems, I can't wait for the finale. I hope the contestants realize how bad they are when they hear each other sing.

Go Rosa, clearly the most "deserving" Superstar USA contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    With Mario, it's the things he says that leads me to be suspicious. He says he's hot and sexy. Now I can believe he thinks he's a good singer cause he may be tone deaf or maybe just never listened to himself. But to think he's hot and sexy? I don't think so! I'm sure he's been made fun of in high school looking like that. Just no way I can believe he is truly that delusional. My guess is he's already found out and is putting on an act.
    Um...

He knows how he sounds like.

But isn't is confusing when everybody tells you, you're a great singer and you don't know you're not and a whole audience is sitting there and claps to your songs and screaming?

*sigh* Well. I'd think I'm pretty good. :rolleyes

And he thought he's a great singer as well.

Well... Maybe he CAN become one... But that needs years....

Or really really good teachers....

I still feel twinges of guilt about this show, like last night when they were showing them the houses and cars, the Extra interview etc. While I was thinking "wow, it must be fun to get a private tour of these houses" doing so under the impression that it might one day be yours, well that's a different story all together! And building these people up just to take them down, well - so sad. I've taken to flipping channels except to hear the judges comments, because those are hilarious, but the singing, dancing, built up ego's etc have become ridiculous. Brigg's is hilarious, and that poor Extra coorespondent She just couldn't handle it.

FORT Newbie
    What if they all are actors just playing the part of bad singers? Id kinda think this is true since once they all find out it was a joke for TV at their expense I'd think they all would want to kill someone. They all get embarassed on national TV for ratings, and get nothing out of it, except the "winner" who gets $100k. Holy self esteem killer too, if i THOUGHT i was really talented then found out they all were making fun of me, id be suicidal...

Quote Originally Posted by M3Racer
    What if they all are actors just playing the part of bad singers? Id kinda think this is true since once they all find out it was a joke for TV at their expense I'd think they all would want to kill someone. They all get embarassed on national TV for ratings, and get nothing out of it, except the "winner" who gets $100k. Holy self esteem killer too, if i THOUGHT i was really talented then found out they all were making fun of me, id be suicidal...
    Last night was the first time I had seen this show and the first thing I said was, don't they seem way to confident?! I kept saying, oh they are acting, and they know what's going on! Good eye M3Racer!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread