+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstar Album up on Amazon

bump

Looks like Amazon did post a spoiler. Although, I'm sure people knew who won, that whole studio audience at least knew.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I got hold of the press release about the album:

Jamie Foss Wins THE WB'S SUPERSTAR USA 'Talent Search' Soundtrack on KOCH Records
    NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 06/15/2004 -- THE WB'S SUPERSTAR USA announced the winning contestant during its season finale last night. Jamie Foss, the bubbly blonde known for her rendition of Eric Carmen's "All By Myself," was chosen over the other contestants in the seven episode-long series.

On June 8th, KOCH Records released the soundtrack to The WB's Superstar USA as a 2-Disc set which includes a CD featuring 12 hit songs performed by the show's participants, PLUS a bonus DVD with hilarious footage from the show. Four of the songs on the soundtrack are performed by winner Jamie Foss.

Where some shows go out of their way to find the next truly talented singer in America, THE WB'S SUPERSTAR USA was a send-up of the genre, where hopefuls had all the determination and drive to make it as a singing sensation, even if they lacked the voice. All the unsuspecting participants had a shot at fame and fortune, but not for the reasons they initially thought.

Uber Executive producer Mike Fleiss ("High School Reunion," "The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette") and The WB Network premiered the off-key version of the red-hot performance reality genre, THE WB'S SUPERSTAR USA, on Monday, May 17. The series was hosted by former MTV vee-jay Brian McFayden, and the celebrity panel included recording artists Vitamin C and Tone-Loc. Created by executive producer Fleiss, THE WB'S SUPERSTAR USA was co-executive produced by Mike Nichols and Jason Carbone and was produced by Next Entertainment and Syndicated Productions, Inc.

About KOCH Records

KOCH Records is a division of KOCH Entertainment, the fastest-growing music company and the market leader among independents in North America. The KOCH Entertainment corporate umbrella encompasses the KOCH Records label, KOCH Vision home video, KOCH Music Publishing and KOCH Entertainment Distribution (KED) with operations in both the U.S. and Canada. KOCH Records proudly claims the largest number of Billboard charting albums among independents for each of the last three years (2001-2003). For additional info on the KOCH Records label and its roster of artists, please visit www.kochrecords.com.

- the DVD might be funny! Didn't see that on Amazon.

Just out of curiosity, who the HELL would buy that CD?

Never in my life have I bought an album solely because I knew it was bad, and I don't plan on it!
    Briggs to Mario: "Keep your hands out of the nookie jar."

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm guessing that the people who bought William Hung's album might buy this one. It's quite sickening. I might buy it for a good laugh, though. And then sell it on E-Bay.

Premium Member
    I dunno, I would say NO ONE will buy it but who knows. William Hung's did sell well, but I think a lot more people saw AI than this turkey.

I think most people bought William Hung's CD as a novelty item. His "fame" was unexpected and unplanned. He was totally "different." Superstar, on the other hand, was marketed and planned. Most people don't want to buy something that was "for sale" since the beginning.

i just hope the songs are recorded in a studio rather than from the performances.
    cause that would just be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    i just hope the songs are recorded in a studio rather than from the performances.
    cause that would just be stupid.
    I don't think the WB has the money to do studio recordings. This show wasn't a monster in the ratings.

From the reviews on Amazon, it's just lifted fromthe live performances, no production value whatsoever.

Premium Member
    Oh boy, they have samples up. It is definitely straight from the performances, completely with crowd noise from the tracks performed in front of the audience.

There is one review from someone talking about buying the CD just to drive around blasting it with the windows down.

Bahaha. I just tried downloading one of the samples because I was having trouble streaming the file. All the sample tracks are named "hurl".
    Last edited by geekgirl; 06-16-2004 at 01:18 PM.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast