+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The $100,000 "Prize"...deceptive wording?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I believe Marriah Carrey (sp?) recently went through something where she signed a long term deal for a big chunk of money up front, her album didn't sell as expected, and she was "released" from the deal without having to give the money back. There may have even been a buy-out.
    Well that's what I meant before. The "advance" is often kinda like the guaranteed pay portion. If you make a profit, then you get a portion of the profit as well. The "advance" counts as part of your cost, so you have to make enough to pay for the production, promotion, and "advance" before you start to make a profit. I think that's how the WB deal will work.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-02-2004 at 11:24 PM.

Premium Member
    So you would get the 100k upfront and could draw potential profits in the future? Sorry, I'm a little "slow" tonight.

I *really* hope you're right, because if they're going to scam the winner out of a measly 100k for an entire TV series, that's just pathetic. Heck that prize will hit the 31% tax bracket anyway right. Cheap cheap cheap WB.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    So you would get the 100k upfront and could draw potential profits in the future? Sorry, I'm a little "slow" tonight.
    It could work that way, depending on the contract.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12