+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contract for a Superstar

Contract for a Superstar

Well folks, in case you haven't seen it yet, and for those of you who STILL feel sorry for our future Superstars, here is the FIRST page of the WB Superstar USA contract. This was provided by someone who was on the show.

Keep in mind when you read this, it was indeed the FIRST page, and everything printed here was in BOLD.

This is what the FIRST page of the contract says and it was in BOLD:

"I understand that by participating in the competition, I may be embarrassed, shocked, humiliated and /or suprised and that sponsor may use or reveal personal information which may be embarrasing, shocking, unfavorable, humiliating, disparaging, and/or derogatory, may subject me to public ridicule and/or condemnation, may portray me in a false light, and that sponsor may make misrepresentations unintentionally or intentionally concerning the competition and/or the nature of the competition. These misrepresentations may be made by, without limitation, the following sponsor, sponsor affiliates, sponsor's hosts, any members of the panel, other participants and any other parties connected to the competition.

I Understand this is an important legal document relating to my participation in the competition, and by signing this document I am waiving legal rights I may have against sponsor, sponsor affiliates(as hereinafter defined) Broadcasters of the competition, and others".

Now, after you read that, is there ANY room to feel sorry for any of these people?

wait...... how did you get this kind of information????
    isn't that illegal.
    wow if this is the REAL document then the people like most contestants when auditioning didn't read a thing. But this basically states that it's an opposite AI.

Almost every "entertainment" contract has this kind of language in it. It wouldn't jump out at you, if you've seen a couple of these.

I doubt these people have seen "a couple of these." This is probably their first time auditioning or being on a reality tv show. They may be blinded with their delusional dreams and desires but after hearing one another sing...how can they not remember the stipulations in the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I doubt these people have seen "a couple of these." This is probably their first time auditioning or being on a reality tv show. They may be blinded with their delusional dreams and desires but after hearing one another sing...how can they not remember the stipulations in the contract?
    Well, according to the show itself, and from particpants who's posted elsewhere, the secret was airtight. Apparently none of these people heard anyone else sing at any point. That would have been a red flag to me.

As for where I got this information, it was posted on the WB board by one of the contestants, and has been there and other boards for a while with no hassles from the WB. If you think about it, having that page out in the world, it's good assurance to the company that they didn't do anything they didn't say they were going to to. It's right there in black and white.

But this is just SO blatant...even if you haven't read one of these before, how could you possibly NOT know what was going on????

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo3b
    But this is just SO blatant...even if you haven't read one of these before, how could you possibly NOT know what was going on????
    Yeah well those contestants aren't exactly rocket scientists.

I think that Mario is probably a really "smart" guy... maybe not common sense wise, but definately robot smart.

[QUOTE=Bo3b]Well, according to the show itself, and from particpants who's posted elsewhere, the secret was airtight. Apparently none of these people heard anyone else sing at any point. That would have been a red flag to me.QUOTE]
    well i mean for some reality shows, they do this in the judging chamber. I am going to have to throw in some top model. The contestants were judged one on on during most eliminations. So they may consider this normal

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh yeah..I woulda signed this in a heartbeat. HA! Not.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread