+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mario-Contestant Discussion

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    This show is a hoax on the contestants, it's not "The Apprentice" or "Survivor" in regards to caliber, so who gives a rats @ss if he's online talking to people? "Stay Low" clause.. baloney. It's called "WB Superstar". As far as I'm concerned, he IS "staying low" because he hasn't said anything about anything.
    Well I certainly don't give a rats @ss. Or a dog's @ss for that matter. But I would think WB *should*, given that it breaks the illusion of the hoax when the peeps being fooled are posting on the fan sites before their elimination. In fact, I think it's the other way around with regards to what you said. It's OK for a "The Apprentice" contestant to post on a fan site before elimination so long as they're not revealing any info, but not a "WB Superstar" contestant. Simply because a "The Apprentice" contestant knows full well what the show is suppose to be about whereas the "WB Superstar" contestants are suppose to be clueless. When cluelessness is one of the central themes of the show, it's important.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The show isn't being filmed and aired live. I, as well as the viewers (I'd hope), understand that this show was filmed a while ago, and all of the "hoaxed contestants" already know that they've been hoaxed.

He's on a site, talking mainly about his love life.

I guess we just have two different opinions. Which is fine.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    The show isn't being filmed and aired live. I, as well as the viewers (I'd hope), understand that this show was filmed a while ago, and all of the "hoaxed contestants" already know that they've been hoaxed.
    I had assumed the live audience portion of the show (last few episodes) would be done live just like American Idol since they mimicked the show (until I was told otherwise yesterday).

I guess we just have two different opinions. Which is fine.
    Let's hope for his sake that WB shares your opinion. Cause if they don't and they in fact *do* have a "stay low" clause, then someone's @ss might get fried.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-04-2004 at 03:00 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    It is well-settled that the show was fully taped a while ago. Vitamin C was on the Sharon Osbourne show a few weeks back talking about being a judge and the reaction of the contestants once the "hoax" was revealed.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedMind
    Mimi is incredibly supportive of this recent turn of events in Mario's life, and I would have to say, Mario is doing incredibly well in taking it in stride. Guys, they've been through alot... imagine if that was YOU being made fun of on national telivision. Let's cut them some slack.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you guys have all been very cool in letting everyone know yours. That's cool. But let's give Mario support. Remember, the few minutes of severely edited television exposure Mario gets is made to make him a target... but don't judge him based on it.

I don't know who exactly you're addressing, but no one has to cut any contestant here slack if they don't want to do so. This really isn't the Mario Fan Club site, sorry. :phhht

As far as judging contestants based on editing, thanks for the lesson about how reality TV works, but like it or not, that's what this site is for.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Mario, when you've signed a contract, the First Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with it. The First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech." Tell me where your contract was co-signed by Congress, and I'll concede my point.

I will only add a couple of things, and then leave you and your girlfriend alone.

1) Don't log in under each other's accounts. If you can't use 2 separate accounts, and actually use them individually, I'll remove them both.

2) If The WB contacts you and threatens you with legal action, and asks you to contact me to remove your posts, be forewarned that from this point forward, I will not comply. You've been warned. And don't think this doesn't happen fairly frequently, or that you're "above the rules".

3) If we, as members, have anything not-so-nice to say about your performances, we are free to say them here, regardless of whether you're here as a member or not. So I hope no one "holds back" because they're afraid of hurting feelings.

That's all. And back to business we go...
    Okay. I understood.

Mario too.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I don't know who exactly you're addressing, but no one has to cut any contestant here slack if they don't want to do so. This really isn't the Mario Fan Club site, sorry. :phhht

As far as judging contestants based on editing, thanks for the lesson about how reality TV works, but like it or not, that's what this site is for.
    Point taken, geekgirl. I wasn't trying to single anyone out. In fact, I thanked everyone for being cordial so far to Mario.

I certainly don't expect everyone to want to join the Mario Fan Club... I understand and agree that we all have our own opinions and the right to state them. You're right... that IS what this site is for. It wouldn't be any fun if everyone agreed!!! :-)

My only hope with my last post was that everyone will continue to do it nicely, that's all, because he is a nice guy. Just stating my own two cent opinion.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm not pointing fingers. I just hope that everyone will have some empathy about Mario.

No disrespect intended to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedMind
    Point taken, geekgirl. I wasn't trying to single anyone out. In fact, I thanked everyone for being cordial so far to Mario.

I certainly don't expect everyone to want to join the Mario Fan Club... I understand and agree that we all have our own opinions and the right to state them. You're right... that IS what this site is for. It wouldn't be any fun if everyone agreed!!! :-)

My only hope with my last post was that everyone will continue to do it nicely, that's all, because he is a nice guy. Just stating my own two cent opinion.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm not pointing fingers. I just hope that everyone will have some empathy about Mario.

No disrespect intended to anyone.
    Aaaawwww!

Can I still tell you that you're a very sweet person? *giggles*

Thank you for the nice words.

FORT Newbie

FORT Newbie
    What I meant to say was, even though Congress has nothing to do with this, I still haven't signed away my civil liberties of freedom of speech. As long as I don't compromise the integrity of the show by revealing trade secrets, locations of studios, behind the scenes stuff you don't get to see, what the results of the upcoming episodes are and who won what, I feel like I'm still entitled to post my feelings about myself, my performances, my feelings about the show(ie whether I think it's bad tv or not) and my take on the contract and my personal opinions. Plus they really can't keep tabs on me in public, but even then I've held up my end of the bargain by not revealing how far I went to strangers and who won the whole thing. Most people out there JUST DON'T CARE anyway or they just want to stare and laugh. But to those people who are nice enough to care about me, in a way I'm kinda promoting the show.

+ Reply to Thread