+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mario-Contestant Discussion

Premium Member
    Folks can name themselves whatever they wish on a forum, maybe she just wanted to sign up as the Missus Rodgers. No harm done. I could sign up as MamaRodgers or BerthaRodgersSisterOfMario l if I wanted to, doesn't mean I have to change my last name.

Personally I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Dude how can you be the real deal? First you're not suppose to be married yet, but you have the same last name as Mimi who is suppose to be your fiancee. So unless you both happen to have the same last name to begin with, then something here looks fishy. Second, how can you be reading all this? If you're reading all this then you already know it's a hoax. The only way this makes any sense is if the shows were all made long ago and the competition is already finished (ie. the shows with audience we will be seeing is not live). Third, in a "competition" of this sort, you must have signed some sort of agreement to not "appear" in public until after you're eliminated on air, so how can you be posting here and confirming that you already know it's a hoax?

At this point, I'll give a 80% probablity that you're fake and a 20% probablity that you're real (eg. if the competition is over already, then the 1st 2 points are no longer valid; point 3 can be explained by incompetence on the part of WB; unlikely but I'll give it a 20% probability). My guess is that you're fake.
    What the....O_o

You can believe me that he IS real!!!

And my nick is just because I'll marry him soon and I love him.

If you want a proof, just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it. Photos? A few old messages?

I could try to fix the scanner to show you all the cards he sent me!

Man!

He's 100% NOT fake!!! :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioRodgers
    It IS a taped show. The competition was done a while ago. And Mimi just decided to take my last name when she created her screen name. I AM real.
    Ok, but's it's very strange that you would be permitted to go public before your elimination is aired, given the whole premise of the show. WB must have really screwed up in not having you sign some sort of agreement to "stay low".

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Folks can name themselves whatever they wish on a forum, maybe she just wanted to sign up as the Missus Rodgers. No harm done. I could sign up as MamaRodgers or BerthaRodgersSisterOfMario l if I wanted to, doesn't mean I have to change my last name.

Personally I have no reason to believe otherwise.
    That's right! Heehee.

Mario and I will stay together forever.

*kisses him*

Hmmm.... He ate a Burger with Onions...

(We went to Burger King)

Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    Ok, but's it's very strange that you would be permitted to go public before your elimination is aired, given the whole premise of the show. WB must have really screwed up in not having you sign some sort of agreement to "stay low".

Huh?

He doesn't say anything you don't know. :rolleyes

He just talks about the show like you and me do.

Premium Member
    Well WB has already posted photos of an episode that hasn't yet aired. Either they're colossally sloppy or they just don't care.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MimiRodgers
    Huh?

He doesn't say anything you don't know. :rolleyes

He just talks about the show like you and me do.
    It's basically to give the illusion that things are still not known. This show is unlike most others in that the contestants are suppose to be clueless. Having the contestant post here before he is eliminated kinda breaks the illusion. I would've thought there would be a "stay low" clause until elimination.

Also, I never said he's definitely not the real deal, but that in all likelihood he wasn't on the assumption the shows with audience was live. If it's not live, then the only surprise is that there was no "stay low" clause by WB.
    Last edited by TvFan05; 06-04-2004 at 12:30 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Well my presence on the show board at the WB website is already making Simone nervous, but I don't think I've compromised the integrity of the show. I haven't revealed who won the competition or how far I went or what went on behind the scenes and what I won or didn't win. All I know is that I'm not supposed to go to the press or media without calling them first, and last time I looked, they can't control me when I'm out "in public" but even then I'm upholding my end of the agreement by not revealing the results to complete strangers. And also last time I looked, The First Amendment was a more powerful document than their waiver.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioRodgers
    Well my presence on the show board at the WB website is already making Simone nervous, but I don't think I've compromised the integrity of the show. I haven't revealed who won the competition or how far I went or what went on behind the scenes and what I won or didn't win. All I know is that I'm not supposed to go to the press or media without calling them first, and last time I looked, they can't control me when I'm out "in public" but even then I'm upholding my end of the agreement by not revealing the results to complete strangers. And also last time I looked, The First Amendment was a more powerful document than their waiver.
    Points 1 and 2 are non-issues if the finale is already over. The only point that surprises me now is point 3. Point 3 is not directed at you but at WB for not thinking of putting in a "stay low" clause. I don't think you need to explain anything beyond making the point that the shows were already over some time ago.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Folks can name themselves whatever they wish on a forum
    It is for this very reason that I initially questioned him since anyone can use any name they want. I've been to many boards and newsgroups and have seen all kinds of pranks being pulled.

Having said that, their replies sound sincere. So if they're pranksters, then they now have me fooled.

+ Reply to Thread