+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mario-Contestant Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Slums
    Thats what I was thinking too. Mario reminds me of these geeks from High School it wasn't just the way he looked it was the way he acted. Those guys were such losers.
    No, we're not! We control the world. If you computer breaks down, you definitely want a geek in you life to fix it. And we're a highly educated group of people. Geeks rule! A loser to me is someone who doesn't have a job or a future or any ambition what-so-ever. To me, the loosers in high school were those who got drunk every weekend, spent more time thinking about other people and who was who in the social pecking order than their home work, and thought it was ultimately cool to neglect their education.

Nobody was a loser in high school. No matter WHAT they did or didn't do. Period.

The reason I say this is because in HS I smoke, drank, did drugs, skipped class and did whatever I wanted. I also did my homework, played in sports and wanted to be in drama. I also lived on my own since I was 12.
    I went to 18 different HS's in four years, but managed to graduate exactly when I should have. I had friends sometimes, sometimes didn't, was always wanting friends but sometimes was seen as the "new loser", or "the narc".. so a lot of times people DIDN'T get to know me on purpose. Oh..and a lot of girls wanted to "fight" me. :rolleyes
    I was in the "in crowd" many times. I was also in the "geek" crowd many times. I never, ever thought of anyone as losers. NOBODY knew my life and history, and I didn't know anyone else's.

/& that's all the info your gettin' outta me today!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Nobody was a loser in high school. No matter WHAT they did or didn't do. Period.

The reason I say this is because in HS I smoke, drank, did drugs, skipped class and did whatever I wanted. I also did my homework, played in sports and wanted to be in drama. I also lived on my own since I was 12.
    I went to 18 different HS's in four years, but managed to graduate exactly when I should have. I had friends sometimes, sometimes didn't, was always wanting friends but sometimes was seen as the "new loser", or "the narc".. so a lot of times people DIDN'T get to know me on purpose. Oh..and a lot of girls wanted to "fight" me. :rolleyes
    I was in the "in crowd" many times. I was also in the "geek" crowd many times. I never, ever thought of anyone as losers. NOBODY knew my life and history, and I didn't know anyone else's.

/& that's all the info your gettin' outta me today!
    Didn't mean to offend (I hope you know). Hell, we were all miserable in high school right? I just don't want anyone calling geeks loosers, because they are not. And I still maintain that anyone who enjoyed high school should have their head examined (but again, IMHO)

Anyway, props to you for doing your own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Didn't mean to offend (I hope you know).
    NO..no, no. I knew you weren't offending me. None taken, at all!
    I just don't want anyone calling geeks loosers, because they are not.
    Exactly! Neither do I. But, if there are other things that people did (ie; party), doesn't mean they're losers either. That's all.
    Anyway, props to you for doing your own thing.
    Thanks!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Exactly! Neither do I. But, if there are other things that people did (ie; party), doesn't mean they're losers either. That's all.
    I see nothing wrong with a healthy dose of partying. However, I knew people in HS who actually drank at levels where they would be considered alchoholics by any standard, or smoked so much pot, that they couldn't do their homework or pay attention to anything. I thought that they were much sadder existences (let's ban the word looser, since it is so negative) than the geeks who had no dates and hung out in the computer room (that would be me ). Some of these kids really did loose out because they fell in the party-trap and had to spend a long time climbing out from the hole they dug themselves in High School (if they ever did).

Anyway, this is getting off topic. Go Mario Go!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    And I still maintain that anyone who enjoyed high school should have their head examined (but again, IMHO)
    High school rocks! It's like vacation 24/7!

Heehee. I love him because he's so geeky!

I couldn't love somebody who looks like...uh....a bodybuilder...O_o

I just love guys who act clumsy, are shy, do sweet things, smile sweet, and um... I just love Mario. He's everything I want!

Does somebody know "My Life as a Teenage Robot"?

Mario is exactly like Sheldon. But he doesn't build gadgets. And he isn't so crazy for Comic Books.

But the rest....yeah....

The weird thing is that we're so alike.

Premium Member
    woot, few new pics (from http://wb11.trb.com/entertainment/wb...al?track=pdown )

I love this one

Last edited by geekgirl; 06-03-2004 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    woot, few new pics (from http://wb11.trb.com/entertainment/wb...al?track=pdown )

I love this one

EEEEE!!!!

Well!

I had the 2 first ones. But I saved the last one!

DDR is not a good way to learn to dance. Go to a club.. that's where you'll see people dancing.

+ Reply to Thread