+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario-Contestant Discussion

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioRodgers
    Yeah well you've only seen a tiny bit of me. Those that really know me say I'm a very nice and friendly guy. But I can be just as as opinionated as any. I think you can do a lot worse than me. I think compared to some of the other contestants I'm not quite so freaky or as arrogant. I've also updated the look of my head a bit. My hair is shorter and cleaner, thanks to the make over, and I got rid of those stupid aviator glasses. I have NO dance training, okay? But I am going to learn. But while I was up there on stage, I just wanted to have fun. And I've seen the video of William Hung dancing, and I think I have an edge over him because I'm an avid DDR player and I used to take martial arts. But with my limited dancing knowledge and my weird style and what little you saw of me out of my entire life, you're going to use that as a basis that I bug you?
    Sorry Mario. But what I've seen of you on television, you just bug me. Guess what? If I was on television..I'd probably bug you too! Honestly. Don't take it to heart, cause honestly... by me saying you "bug me", doesn't mean that you aren't a sweet, fun, loving and neat dude. Maybe it's just your mannerism(s) that bugs me? I dunno.. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is, so I just said that.
    Also, with the dancing and comparison to William Hung. I think you sing WAYYYyy better than he does. I just noticed a couple of moves that looked IDENTICAL to him..that's all.
    You'd be amazed at some of the other things that have been said about me and how judgemental some people are(not saying you're judgemental) and how people like to draw conclusions based on appearance alone.
    No, I wouldn't be amazed. I've seen HUGE generalizations made before of others and have found myself guilty of it as well. Sometimes the internet communities can be really harsh, and unnecessarily so.

The premise of the show was for people to laugh at all the bad singers. Hopefully you know that a lot of people find you endearing, but also... people are doing exactly what the show wanted...laughing.

You sound like you have a great, strong and solid head on your shoulders. Don't let this show piss ya off, or us for that matter.

Thanks for doing the show, you HAVE been entertaining!

[Mod edit].
    I absolutely LOVE the Power Puff girls!! I swear. There are a few things in my home that have PP girls on it. I also absolutely LOVE Dexter's Laboratory.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-02-2004 at 04:04 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Mario, you are my favorite. Not because of you singing or dancing, but because you seem so positive on the show. I think the makeover really improved the way you look, and even though you're not super-model handsome or anything, you not bad-looking either.

I'm sorry that you feel bitter. If people would have lied to me like they did to you, I'd feel bitter too. But I hope you had fun with it, as long as it lasted. You seem like the kind of person who would take this whole thing in stride and just go on and do your own thing.

What do you think of the other contestants on the show? When you heard them sing, did you think they were awful?

Anyway, you wore a Steelers jacket when they suprised you with the news, and that won me over

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioRodgers
    You'd be amazed at some of the other things that have been said about me and how judgemental some people are(not saying you're judgemental) and how people like to draw conclusions based on appearance alone. Some lame@$$ critc called Eric D. Snider said I was a Latino(I'm half Asian) and that I'm unhandsome, and that's putting it politely. Why doesn't he just review the stupid show? He's in no position to judge my appearance. I highly doubt he's a pretty boy himself. And in the feedback poll on the show's website, I've even been called a stoner. :rolleyes
    I doubt anyone here would be amazed. I gotta ask, have you not ever watched a Reality TV show before doing this one, or seen any of the things said about the contestants on the shows in the media?

I'm sure you're not a loser, you're very endearing on the show. But you really want might to read the first FAQ here. http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...es#faq_be_nice

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Slums
    Man that Mario guy is a loser. But I feel kind of bad for him that he thinks he's so cool.
    I think he is cool, in a kind of geek-chic way (did I mention that I'm a total geek myself?)

a lot of people find you endearing
    count me in with those. The makeover did help, and I've always been intrigued by the movements of those striving for fluidity, but not quite making it, it's much more interesting. I am one myself, no matter what I take (ballet, jazz, fencing, martial arts) fluidity is not my style. Find your style, and go with it!

Plus, doesn't hurt that he reminds me of a 'nerd' I crushed on in school days. I've always had a thing for nerds though

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Sorry Mario. But what I've seen of you on television, you just bug me. Guess what? If I was on television..I'd probably bug you too! Honestly. Don't take it to heart, cause honestly... by me saying you "bug me", doesn't mean that you aren't a sweet, fun, loving and neat dude. Maybe it's just your mannerism(s) that bugs me? I dunno.. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is, so I just said that.
    This is a very good point.
    We don't know the guy, we're just commenting on what the editors want us to see of him.

As Maveno said,don't take any criticisms to heart, hard not to I know,I have no doubt many people would probably feel very different about contestants if they actually got to know them personally.
    I might even like Morasca for heavens sake.

Uh, no, no I wouldn't
    "That's Numberwang!"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Uh oh.. Mimi is going to be watching out for you Glitternerfball.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Mimi is going to be watching out for you Glitternerfball
    I know he's taken and I respect that

But he and Mimi look like a great couple and I wish them the best. Give me a man with a good heart anyday.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Thats what I was thinking too. Mario reminds me of these geeks from High School it wasn't just the way he looked it was the way he acted. Those guys were such losers.

By the way what the hell is DDR?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Slums
    By the way what the hell is DDR?

Dance Dance Revolution. It's this video game where you compete by dancing on these big pads that record your steps. I've only played it once, there's not enough alcohol in the world to make me get up and play a dancing game in public.

Some pics here. http://www.ddrfreak.com/aboutddr.php

+ Reply to Thread