+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie-Contestant Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by moviemave
    See an article about her in the Contestant site - she said she didn't get the song until about 5 minutes before she had to go on and they approved her writing the lyrics on her hand. I give her credit for being a good sport because this show is really mean!
    That doesn't make much sense. We've seen Mario dance around in his underwear early in the day, practicing for his performance.. so I think Jamie is BSing..

i think she looks a lot like anna nicole smith. her voice is awful..but i think rosa's is worse. i was rolling when she sang, "farrr..near..."

I think she looks like Blair on Facts of Life.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Stargazer, Jamie is from Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Not sure where "erskin" is. Have never even heard of it. There is a town called Erskine in Minnesota, although it is about 280 miles nothwest from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. As she is preparing to take the stage, that (Coon Rapids) is where they say she is from. Coon Rapids is a large 'outer ring' suburb just north of Minneapolis. I have a feeling it's going to come down to Jamie and Rosa, although Mario is a 'favorite' of mine too. They're all pretty terrible as far as their singing goes, I just don't think that Mario is quite as bad as them. Besides that, Jamie and Rosa have that extra "I belong here" thing going on. I believe that the WB is aware of that too and is going to try to capitolize on it.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    "This is my FIRST autograph of a million!!" I doubt it Jamie. I think she should just do boob prints instead of her autograph.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think Jamie was that bad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

lol

From the Miami Herald (www.miami.com)

The worst and the best of times

Erskine, Minn., woman with screeching voice wins $100,000 in TV spoof contest

By ELISA L. RINEHEART

Grand Forks (N.D.) Herald

Winners have one thing in common: They believe in themselves against all odds.
    Jamie Foss, 20, of Erskine, Minn., knew she was going to win "WB's SuperStar USA" when the show's camera crew surprised her in her Minneapolis apartment two months ago.

"WB's SuperStar USA," a contest where only the bad survive, aired its final episode Monday night. The show was a spinoff of "American Idol," but with a wicked twist.

The 28 hopeful contestants who signed up, hoping to become another overnight success on reality TV, actually were competing for the title of America's Worst Singer.

In the final episode, Foss, who was kept in the dark throughout the entire contest, learned she was "the best" of all.

"I went through so many different emotions because I won all this money, yet I was told that I wasn't talented," Foss said.

Foss, who sang Aretha Franklin's "Respect" and "The Time of My Life" from the hit movie "Dirty Dancing," said that holding such an embarrassing title won't stop her from pursuing her dream.

"I don't have to listen to them," said Foss, a charismatic, busty blonde. "I am still very confident. And even though I contradict myself sometimes, I tell myself over and over 'You are a good singer.' These people don't know what they are talking about."

Foss won $50,000 in cash, another $50,000 in payments over the next year, plus a $50,000 recording contract. The name of the label was not revealed.

"Yes! I get my own CD," said Foss to herself when she won the recording contract. "I really hope it is a good, respectful album. I want to sing to the best of my ability."

380 degrees

Foss said that having a personal assistant, traveling in limousines and staying in the best hotels in California, where the show was filmed, was a dream come true for someone who grew up in a small town in Minnesota.

"People dream of doing the things I did," Foss said.

She said she even signed autographs for the same live studio audience that saw her put on a mediocre duet with co-finalist Mario and be humiliated in front of millions of people in the final episode.

After being presented with a $50,000 check, Foss was told the show was an hoax.

To be part of the show, contestants had to satisfy three requirements. They had to be bad singers, believe they were God's gifts to the recording industry and pass a psychological evaluation to determine their threshold for humiliation, Foss said.

"They wanted to know that people were not going to get upset and set a bomb or something," said Foss of the mental evaluation. "I passed it with flying colors."

Most reality shows, taped in advance, require participants to sign a confidentiality agreement that prevents them from divulging the outcome before the finale. Foss was not an exemption to the rule. She said she couldn't wait to tell her family that she was the winner, but she had to wait.

"I would have gotten sued $5 million if I would've told anybody," Foss said. "It was so hard even for me, so I knew it would have been a burden if I told anyone in my family."

Back to reality

Foss said she made a lot of contacts in the entertainment industry through the show.

"I have gotten a lot of modeling offers, but I couldn't do anything until the show was over," Foss said. "What I would really like to do is become a Hollywood actress. I'm hoping to get with the same agent as Tom Cruise, because producers said he is really good."

With the money that she won, Foss said she plans to move to California, complete her last two years of journalism school at UCLA and look for a job in the entertainment industry -- anything decent, she said, as long as she is in front of a camera.

"WB's Superstar USA" will rerun the final episode at 5 p.m. Sunday on Channel 7.
    I think she'll do just fine, if not musically - everyone commented on her body, and if she DOES use the money to get a degree, that would be great. Best of luck to her.

yea, she will definately do SOMETHING, preferably not singing, but I really think she'll be somewhat successful at modeling and acting

If she lost a little baby fat ,she could be a stand in for Jessica Simpson.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast