+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 5/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    . I think the judges were afraid that they could get a backlash from the GLBT community for putting Ross and Frank into more humilation.
    That's a good point. You're probably right. I think the fact that so many people like Frank goes to show that he must not have been the worst. And since they are looking for the worst then it was technically right to cut him. Wont help their ratings any, though. And I thought Ross had an ok voice...if he were a little girl.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I can't believe they cut Frank. He was so bad, it was good. I would have liked to see a cat-fight erupt between him & Nina Diva.
    I was glad they cut Ross, I feel bad for that guy.
    I feel bad for Omar too, b/c he seems like a nice guy, although I have to say that he & Rosa are probably the worst "singers" (butchers?) in this competition.
    I thought John-Michael & Tamara weren't bad enough to stay. Neither was Jamie (except for the lyrics on the hand), but I'm sure they kept her for the T & A factor - no doubt in my mind.
    The rest of the choices, I agreed with.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

so it really is a talent show for the tone deaf and fashion challenged? This is a joke on them, but they don't know it. Right? sorry for the lam questions, but I tuned in late last night and I was like a dear in head lights.STUNNED. So I came here to find out whats the true story, and I'm not sure if my question was answered. Some one said it was like being "punked". not sure what that is also. be kind to this old broad, talked to me like a 2 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    so it really is a talent show for the tone deaf and fashion challenged? This is a joke on them, but they don't know it. Right? sorry for the lam questions, but I tuned in late last night and I was like a dear in head lights.STUNNED. So I came here to find out whats the true story, and I'm not sure if my question was answered. Some one said it was like being "punked". not sure what that is also. be kind to this old broad, talked to me like a 2 year old!
    People audition for a talent competition. All people who sung good were cut, the horrid singers were praised. Now, the horrid singers think they are good when in reality, they are not. So the show puts them on stage etc. and the whole time they are giving them compliments when in reality, they suck. So basically, the show is praising bad singers and giving them hope when in fact, there is none.

Punk'd is to play a practical joke on someone. Example: "Mary got PUNK'D on April Fool's Day!"

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I thought John-Michael & Tamara weren't bad enough to stay. Neither was Jamie (except for the lyrics on the hand), but I'm sure they kept her for the T & A factor - no doubt in my mind.
    I think that's one of the reasons they kept her, and the other reason is probably because she's so dumb she'd never catch on. I'm sure they were nervous all along that someone would figure it out and expose the hoax.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Okay, I've been thinking abut the Frank situation. Maybe there will be some sort of wildcard thing? I mean, I thought I saw him performing at the final shows...or maybe not. I still can't believe it. I can't believe his outfit either.

I would have kept Ross and Frank...

Although Ross lost what got him in...the androgynous look when they fixed his hair...so now he looks like a typical plump fruit...and his dancing was bad, but it looked like he was improving...his singing was still bad...

Frank was one of my favorites to go all the way...the Vitamin C comment summed him up...His singing was horrible, but I kept getting distracted by the bizzare dancing...but I would be brought back to reality with the bad singing...or something to that effect...

I thought for sure that the Steppenwolf Born To Be Wild guy would be cut...(Sorry don't remember his name)...I thought he did at least as good as most drunken fraternity brothers would....which for this show should disqualify him...

Keith S. :{)>

your a sweetheart Frostilized for the info

Thank You Frost, I felt like a fool asking, but apprently america's superstarts are the fools. I can't bear to watch this one. Its one thing to listen to william hong(sp ?) et al, its quite another to humiliate a person on TV and call that entertainment . How does crap like this even make it onto the air. Is this a Jerry Springer Production? smells rotten. I have some hang nails to pull now. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Wow, so it is true. On the tvtome forum for the show, this woman came on and said she was Mario's fiancee.
    Hello!

That woman is here! It's ME!

"Nice" to meet ya...*hrm*

My name is Mimi!

Mario and Mimi! 2 ones who love each other. And you won't stop me loving him.

Mario is a cutie!

He's got a long name: Mario Alejandro Rimas Rodgers

My name is: Miriam Kathrin Eschen (I prefer Mimi. But Miriam and Mario sounds alike....)

I'm from Germany. My favourite colour is pink....uh...I think that's enough about me..... :rolleyes

Whoever likes Mario could ask for an Autograph!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678