+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Started To Feel Bad About The Show

FORT Fanatic

Finally Started To Feel Bad About The Show

Up until now, I've been one of those "the show's fine, it's all in good fun" type of people.

Then, Omar said, "I've been trying to get into the music business for six or seven years, but no one's ever said anything good about my singing."

With shows like American Idol, you usually assume the bad singers are just joking around - so when one gets a $100,000 record deal, you think "who cares, they're getting paid to suck."

But, Omar definitely thinks he's good and is definitely serious about this. I'm sure some of the others are as well. That's what made it so hard to swallow.

I see your point, and I do have a heart, but I still don't *really* feel bad for the contestants. A lot of them are pretty dang cocky, in my opinion. So I think it's funny that they don't realize they're there because they are bad. But we'll see. My mind might change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Up until now, I've been one of those "the show's fine, it's all in good fun" type of people.

Then, Omar said, "I've been trying to get into the music business for six or seven years, but no one's ever said anything good about my singing."

With shows like American Idol, you usually assume the bad singers are just joking around - so when one gets a $100,000 record deal, you think "who cares, they're getting paid to suck."

But, Omar definitely thinks he's good and is definitely serious about this. I'm sure some of the others are as well. That's what made it so hard to swallow.
    I feel the same way but I try to rationalize with the opportunity and exposure that Omar would have never received if it weren't for this...and a chance to win a $100,000 record deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I see your point, and I do have a heart, but I still don't *really* feel bad for the contestants. A lot of them are pretty dang cocky, in my opinion. So I think it's funny that they don't realize they're there because they are bad. But we'll see. My mind might change in the future.

I can't feel sorry for these people, cause they think they're all that. Heck this is what they deserve for being so delusional in the first place IMHO.

The fault with at least some of these people could be with those friends and family who were too cowardly to tell them the truth about themselves over the years.

At least a few of them have probably HEARD that they suck though and somehow tuned it out.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yeah..at some points I feel bad for them. But honestly, they're getting exposure and I'm sure that they're getting something for being on the show. Which is A LOT more than what I'm getting for watching.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by addikted

I can't feel sorry for these people, cause they think they're all that. Heck this is what they deserve for being so delusional in the first place IMHO.
    I think most of us have heard our recorded voice before and thought, "There is No way I really sound like that". We are shocked and amazed that is our voice on the tape. What we hear and what others hear is totally different. So unless someone tells you that your singing is bad, why not assume it is good if you like the sound. I wouldn't call them delusional for believing they can sing.

They believe they are all that, because they were told they are 12 of the best singers in U.S.A. The show is even taking them shopping for extravagant items to build up their hope and belief that they are great singers.

I thought the show was funny at first, but last nights episode left me really feeling sorry for the people. I am not sure now if I will continue to watch it. I do think that the final twist where they tell them that they were lied to, they will give each of them $100,000.

It is like watching a train wreck, I am not sure I can stop watching though

FORT Newbie
    I enjoyed the first episode of this show so much. I laughed harder than I have in a long time. And even in last nights show I thought Vitamin C's reactions were just classic. But I have really started feeling bad for the contestants. I honestly don't know how they can be so delusional but after last night, you have to admit that this is not the brightest group of individuals. Then there were the awful, awful makeovers, which are obviously a part of the joke. Even if these people don't know how bad they sound, shouldn't they notice that they've been given the worst makeovers in history?

What we hear and what others hear is totally different. So unless someone tells you that your singing is bad, why not assume it is good if you like the sound.
    Hmmm. I see where you're coming from, but really, I sing all the time. I sing along to songs on the radio and I sing when the radio is not on. However, I know that I DO NOT have a good voice. In fact, I don't even a remotely good voice.

Therefore, I would not enter a singing competition and act like I am the best thing since sliced bread.

If I can hear that I don't have a good voice, everyone should be able to. It is, in fact, mild delusion that causes them not to realize they are not talented.

FORT Fanatic
    Yes, but the EXPOSURE argument does not apply here.

Say you come in ninth. Not only does that mean you're a terrible singer and performer, but you're not even desirable enough as a bad singer to make it.

So, people are drawing the conclusion that you suck...there's no future for you after this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast