+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally Started To Feel Bad About The Show

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    This isn't a case like with William Hung, where he's been told he sucks, and yet he continues to perform and annoy us with his suckyness.. he's being exploited, but he's exploiting himself as well. He now knows he is a bad singer, and is basically living out his 15 minutes (please tell me it's the 14th minute.. cuz I dunno how much more of him I can take) of fame. Good for him. I may find him personally objectionable, but whatever.. if I was as useless as he is, yet able to make people laugh with me, then I'd probably be doing exactly what he is doing.
    William Hung does this because he likes to inspire people, and I think he does. He proves that your dreams can come true, so he's not 'useless' at all. Not to mention his personality is really enjoyable and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I feel bad for some of the people, but the ones that are really in love with themselves, no, I don't feel bad for. That one guy from NJ, I can't remember his name, but he was the one who wants to dress like Britney, & when they came to his house he said something along the lines of he wasn't really surprised that he was picked. He, I do not feel sorry for at all.

The guy you refer to - was that Frank (with the "abs" and the earrings and the heels?) I said I wouldn;t watch this show, and was flipping through the stations (I only get 6) last night and happened to catch his performance. I still think this show is horrible - and unfunny. Are these people dellusional re: their singing "ability", definately, but to feed that, hype it, then say "we lied" - sorry, that is CRUEL. Frank (for one, there are others) really seems to have some issues...self-esteem issues, you name it. I was SO glad to see he got cut - imagine how HE would have reacted when at the end they say "we lied" This guy probably should be in therapy NOW, he would have been in little pieces at the finale. Appears maybe SOMEONE connected with the show had enough sense to cut him before they were responsible for destroying him completely.
    JMO.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    William Hung does this because he likes to inspire people, and I think he does. He proves that your dreams can come true, so he's not 'useless' at all. Not to mention his personality is really enjoyable and friendly.
    Your dreams can come true? Oh please. His dream is to be a world famous joke? That's what he is. Nobody likes him because of his singing talents, or his dancing, people like him because he's a novelty act.. nothing more. In a few weeks he will be so annoying that nobody will want to hear from him again, and he'll go back to his old life with a couple thousand dollars and a fun experience. If my dream was the be the next American Idol, would I be content to settle for the next Novelty Act Idol? No. If his dream was truly to be a great singer/performer, then he's failed. Just because someone decided to give him a record contract doesn't mean he's a success.

Your dreams can come true? Oh please. His dream is to be a world famous joke? That's what he is. Nobody likes him because of his singing talents, or his dancing, people like him because he's a novelty act.. nothing more. In a few weeks he will be so annoying that nobody will want to hear from him again, and he'll go back to his old life with a couple thousand dollars and a fun experience. If my dream was the be the next American Idol, would I be content to settle for the next Novelty Act Idol? No. If his dream was truly to be a great singer/performer, then he's failed. Just because someone decided to give him a record contract doesn't mean he's a success.
    See that's the point..... it's not whether his chances of success is as dim as the night but whether he has even "a chance" to have that success... it is the 'route' itself that I'm asking all of us to give him..... how he would take that route is entirely up to him and frankly not anyone of us can decide for him.

In other words, even if "he will be so annoying that nobody will want to hear from him again, and he'll go back to his old life with a couple thousand dollars and a fun experience" is BETTER than "nothing".

With the WB Superstars, the same logic applies.

Not because they were talentless to begin with, but because all the positive encouraging words they received while participating were just said in order to make them act more and more foolish.
    That's the price they pay to have a chance to have the opportunity..... some might say it's sad or unbelievable or "immoral", and it might very well be that, I'm not denying anything but the "rewards" in the end could indeed outwiegh the "price" they must pay so it could very well be worthwhile for them.... the mere fact they can "participate" is key.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123