+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what if....

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV

what if....

the whole show turns out to be a hoax against all the viewers... and the winner is actually a really good singer!

like, all these people are actually actors, etc... because I mean, seriously, how can these people not know they suck

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    Actually, I have thought of this before XD My sister and I were talking about it.

I do know people who think they can sing very well, but couldn't if they tried. So it is possible for them to be foolish enough to believe they have talent.

I have listened to some of them, and how they think they can sing and to be told they are great singers is beyond me. I karaoke every Friday night at the bar, and there are some that sing like crap, but they have fun! So as long as they are having fun, than I don't see the harm. There were several who had no talent enter the American Idol competition, and they were given almost the same treatment this show is giving some.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think that would be boring.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I think that would be boring.
    You ARE all about the deceit and scandal aren't you? You naughty, naughty girl.

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    Sometimes it DOES seem like contestants are TRYING to be bad though...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    the whole show turns out to be a hoax against all the viewers... and the winner is actually a really good singer!

like, all these people are actually actors, etc... because I mean, seriously, how can these people not know they suck

it would be un-funny

But there are enough delusional people out there who really do think they are good. Look at the people dismissed from AI auditions... upset, crying, angry... all because they think they are SOOOO good. And most of the time they are not.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets

You can only fool the viewers once...meaning, no second season.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    You can only fool the viewers once...meaning, no second season.
    You could only fool the contestants once too--unless multiple editions were filmed before the WB started promoting this.

I actually had a weird theory too. That the WB maybe siphoned off all of the good people who "lost" and held a parallel competition before this aired. Then, at the end, we learn that the auditions were MONTHS before the Hollywood portion and the eventual "winner" is actually the winner of this parallel competition--which was held in the intervening months. This "winner", when he or she "won" the contest for the talented people, was asked to tape a faux-bad audition with the judges and then put through the "bad singers" competition as a trojan horse. Thus the joke is on us.

To me it seemed more reasonable than ALL of the bad singers being actors and faking it. Only one is required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast