+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abysmal Rating For The Premiere

FORT Fanatic

Abysmal Rating For The Premiere

Last night's premiere of Superstar USA took a rather low 2.3/4 rating in a rather typical/average timeslot. While it can be reasoned that some potential fans watched the Motown special instead, the rating is still extremely low.

What's worse is that the show lost almost 50% of the lead-in from 7th Heaven, which scored a 4.3/7.

Undoubtedly, the problem was that the show wasn't hyped near enough. I knew about it from reading online news; I would've had no idea based on TV commercials, since I don't watch WB for anything else.

I think word of mouth will get this show better ratings. Similar to Joe Schmoe. At first everyone though JS was a cruel idea, but the show was great and gathered a following. I think the same thing will happen with Superstar USA.

FORT Fanatic
    I've only heard positive things about this show so far. Seriously, if you don't find this funny, you have problems. It will pick up, but they obviously didn't do their jobs right - this should've gotten at least a 6 rating if properly promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I've only heard positive things about this show so far. Seriously, if you don't find this funny, you have problems. It will pick up, but they obviously didn't do their jobs right - this should've gotten at least a 6 rating if properly promoted.

I am really shocked! I expected a little more.

It started already? Who knew!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I agree- I never watch the WB so I would have had no clue about it, either. The WB is not exactly a good channel.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I think word of mouth will get this show better ratings. Similar to Joe Schmoe.
    Oh, I'm not so certain of that. Joe Schmo didn't have The Stargazer Effect to deal with. She's killed off two shows so far simply by recapping them, and now she's lined up to cover this one. I hope I'm wrong, but this is some powerful mojo we're talking about here!

I think I hear the Reaper sharpening his scythe...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw a TON of ads for this show, but thinking about it, I guess it was all online. Even my AOL Instant Messenger is telling me about it.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    If Stargazer kills this one, I'm gonna find out where she lives!! This show is great, so she better not meddle with my laughter!! :nono

Actually, it's true about the WB sucking (imo), so I probably would NEVER have known about this show if it wasn't for being on the Fort. But....I do think Colonial House (whatever it's called) drew in a lot of channel surfers who probably would have surfed past the WB and saw what was going on and stayed to watch.
    I think there was something else on too, but I can't remember right now.
    I think tonight's episode will pick up A LOT more viewers because of the word of mouth.
    But to compare it to JS's cult-like following? Nah...it's not "that type" of show, I don't think.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I think there was something else on too, but I can't remember right now.
    That would be the Swan, which I was flipping between. Swan has been doing pretty good ratings so that could have effected it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast