+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This Show Has Gone to an All Time Low

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    They're probably looking for the next William Hung.
    Of course they are, but they way they are doing it is just wrong

I can't believe the producers were that insensitive in making those comments. Then again, the whole premise of this show is cruel and insensitive. I think I'll be skipping this one.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

When does this show come on? And what's the concept of it?
    -:|:-Has Anyone Ever Noticed That Ryan Is Like Umm... Hott? -:|:-
    FaNtAsIa... oH fOuR IdOl!
    |**M**| (**U**) /**A**\ |**H**|

Read the other articles here in this forum, and discover the answers to those questions for yourself. Consider it your homework for the day.

Yuck. That really was a horrible comment to make. I understand that the producers didn't want to give the show away but I think that they should have thought about that ahead of time and came up with a much more tasteful solution than to blatently lie about something so serious.

Although I am still looking foward to this show because I think it will be amusing. You'd think the contestants would have figured out that they're not very good singers though, considering that they probably do hear each other perform. Shouldn't they have realized that they were the only one that was good in the competition? They're really not good, however, but we've seen how deluded some AMERICAN IDOL contestants are who are exceptionally bad.

and none of the audience talked to a contestant and said something like "i hope your dream comes true before you goto the light" or something.
    i mean they must have been really stupid to believe this or really good

The only good that that could come out of this show is a dontaion from the show to Make a Wish foundation. Maybe they will do it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Oh people...stop being so "holier than thou" with your reaction to what the producers told the audience. :rolleyes I actually laughed when I heard that, especially when I read about the guy who figured there had to be at least one talented patient out there....because he wasn't blinded by the limelight so much that he couldn't see the truth.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is what we've bought into with our view habits, so we may as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

My reaction to "Superstar USA?"

Seriously! In this day and age, I feel absolutely NO PITY whatsoever for ANYONE who tries out for a reality show, now matter what the subject matter.

I didn't see anyone on the show tonight who was mentally challenged, or otherwise handicapped in such a way that would make me think they shouldn't have been smart enought to see it coming. These people are deluded, clueless, and just want to be famous SO BAD, that they'd believe anything the producers tell them.

Now, a lot of people think I'm a cynic, and that may be true. But personally, the more shows like this and "Joe Schmo"...the better. Bring 'em on!

Anyone who falls for it, deserves it. Period.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree with you about "they signed up for it".

But the problem is...they (producers) could of said ANYTHING else other than "Make a Wish Foundation" stuff. That's what is (IMO) wrong. I think if they just told the audience to shut up and cheer as if they were great singers cause we're TRICKING them, there would have been no problem.
    Knowing that there is a trick going on, I bet the audience would have played it up even more! I know I would have!

Yeah, I'll bet that they'll do some type of donation to that foundation..it would actually be GREAT if they did.
    Last edited by Maveno; 05-18-2004 at 12:42 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I still don't see what's wrong with it.

In the big picture, it's just a little white lie to make the audience reaction seem more genuine. I just don't think that if they told the audience it was a hoax that they would have played it right. People would most likely be WAY too over the top in their reactions to the performers, probably making them more suspicious.

It's got to be somebody's job to basically build the audience and select the right people to participate, and they've only got one chance to get it right. Not only that, but they have to worry about some idiot in the audience opening their yap and ruining the surprise. Lots of money at stake in making a show like this, and the producers can't take any chances.

In this particular, unique situation, the lie seems to fit. I guess we'll find out how well it works when we see the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast