• Cruel

49 47.57%
  • Funny

54 52.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cruel or Funny?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Yeah I guess it is cruel. Cruel to my ears. Gosh do I want to hear awful singers for one full hour? I dunno.

My 9 year old son had a really good comment. We watched the show last night and he said "What is this? American Idiots?" I laughed so hard, and yet his comment was so true.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

It's cruel, and it's just one more reason why the whole world hates Americans. There's nothing funny about it, and I'd be ashamed to be associated with a show like this. It feels like a colliseum full of spectators cheering on the lion as the next victim is thrown into the pit. It's truly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut
    It's cruel, and it's just one more reason why the whole world hates Americans. There's nothing funny about it, and I'd be ashamed to be associated with a show like this. It feels like a colliseum full of spectators cheering on the lion as the next victim is thrown into the pit. It's truly pathetic.

This show is a reason people hate Americans????? I had no idea.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I'm going to sit on the fence and say:

Cruel BUT Funny
    “Conforming is not cool,” - Adam Lambert

Which is why you went on American Idol - the biggest mainstream singerbot factory on television -right? Welcome to hypocrisy, Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    This show is a reason people hate Americans????? I had no idea.
    Let me elaborate. It's just another demonstration of the sick, stupid mentality some Americans have. American television is broadcast all over the world. People in Harare, Zimbabwe, for example, watch the Jerry Springer show, as well as Baywatch and 90210 reruns. Their perception of Americans come mainly from watching American TV. Now throw in this Superstar show, and it just adds a little more ammunition to the idea that we're a bunch of extremely rich, spoiled, immoral jerks who find it amusing to humilate people for entertainment.

I didn't say this show is the only reason why people hate Americans, I merely pointed out that it's "just one more reason" why. And if you don't believe that Americans are not widely admired by other countries, travel abroad sometime.

the evil is OUT there... raeraechick's Avatar
    im sorry but i really do NOT like that show. i was watching it on friday and i could only watch like 10 minutes of it. its cruel and rude and degrading. it only makes me wonder how cruel we as humans are going to get!
    Always be happy because you never know who'll fall in love with your beautiful simile!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut
    It feels like a colliseum full of spectators cheering on the lion as the next victim is thrown into the pit. It's truly pathetic.
    I'd pay good money to see that, especially if I got to pick the victims

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234