• Cruel

49 47.57%
  • Funny

54 52.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cruel or Funny?

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    What about the people who dont win but reach the top 12? They'll be embarassed too, I'm sure but without the money to ease their nerves?

It's cruel because these people actually believe their good, so they'll be crushed when they find out they were just the laughingstocks all along. While I do feel sorry for the good singers who travelled far and have the talent, only to get their dreams crushed. When the show airs (now) They could take their rejection as a compliment. They weren't "bad enough" to get praise, and it should make them feel a little better.

This show is beyond funny...it's hillarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    So. Umm..do you like it Zaaam?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

ok when they get someone really cocky its funny, because sometimes we all need to be taken down a notch or two. However, when the person is truly sad I feel really sorry them. (Such as the guy with the 70's glasses, greasy hair and bad clothes...now that was just mean) Some how I see some pigs blood at prom at the end of this..........

FORT Fanatic

I can't watch this.

This is coming from someone who watches The Swan religiously. I could only watch about 3 minutes of it.

Cruel.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think it is somewhat cruel from contestants perspectives, but it is so darn funny from my perspective that I had to vote funny. Well, they get compensated at the end, at least the winner. I am sure at least some of them would go through it even knowing they were ridiculed, since there is some money involved. $100,000 is an okay paycheck for a couple months (?) work. Besides, who knows what comic opportunities some of these people might get
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I think it is cruel and a bit two faced on the those participating. Laugh if you like to laugh at the expense of another persons feelings.

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    Cruel, but what reality show isn't just a little. I can't watch it for the fact that the singing hurts my ears. I'll be there for the finale though.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanwaking

What people may not be considering is that a person can be hurt far worse psychologically than physically, and especially when we start getting our hopes up and start feeling good about ourselves. Would we laugh at a show that brought contestants onto the stage so that the judges could physically beat the crap out of them? I hope not. Yet, for an unfortunate few, they will be mocked and ridiculed on national TV - the butt of an elaborate practical joke that profits from their lack of talent and personal humiliation.

Will $100,000 awarded to one person be enough to erase the psychological damage this could cause for many more?

I realize I sound pretty heavy here, but this has to be an all-time low for TV.

OMW
    Absolutely the cruelest reality TV ever. I didn't laugh once. I felt sorry for the talented singers who were effectively punched in the gut and, until the show began, thought they had no talent. What toll did that take on them? As for the poor singers, many of them appear to be social misfits and have probably had ridicule and taunting throughout their lives. How cruel to now make them national laughing stocks. As they go through the planned events: singing lessons, dancing lessons, etc., I wonder if the coaches are really intent on helping them or on encouraging their weaknesses for our entertainment. Imagine the humiliation of the contestants as they go through all this, calling their friends and family with excitement only to discover later that they've been the brunt of an enormous, horrendously cruel practical joke.

I also am disgusted with the "judges" for playing along with this game. They think theyr'e funny. They're no more than school bullies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast