• Cruel

49 47.57%
  • Funny

54 52.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cruel or Funny?

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I think this show is hilarious. I can't believe these people think they can sing. Where are their familes and friends? There is no way I'd let a loved one of mine go out in public to audition knowing they have zero talent.

What made it even more funny to me was the judges comments and the looks on their faces... trying to hold it all in. There is no way I could keep a straight face during all of this.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Hmm, I didn't think about that. I wonder what the families reactions were when they heard their kids moved on to the next round. They had to think something was fishy, right?

Unless they are as delusional as the kid.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I laughed so hard!! At times, my gf and I would look at each other like.."Ohh..this is mean", but that quickly went away because of laughter. Honestly, for me... $100K is a lot of money to be laughed at because you sing and dance like crap.
    Also, they do get flown into LA and get the "star treatment", so no matter what..they're elated beyond comprehension.

We had fun watching it. Actually wanted to watch more, but the hour was up! Can't wait to see it next week!~
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Cruel. And stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think it's cruel, personally. I mean, these contestants actually BELIEVE that they're good singers, right? And then to find out that they're not good singers and were duped into thinking they were, while a lot of America and wherever else this show will air was laughing at them the entire time.
    The poor people that were made to believe they could sing will be humiliated on national television. They will be told at the end of the competition that they actually sucked is just wrong IMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pixelated

Cruel

Hi all, 1st time poster who has been coming here for awhile and getting a kick out of your recaps. Too funny.

Anyway although it is a funny concept, I think it is cruel and indicative of the new low some shows have stooped to in an effort to be the next hit reality show.

It bothered me that the truly talented were mocked and may have had their dreams crushed because of a bunch of has beens getting their kicks out of being cruel. However, it bothered me even more watching these clueless people being praised and led to believe that they could sing. I wonder, what will they do if this all backfires on them and they pick an extremely insecure person who cannot handle the notion that they were the national laughingstock and takes a drastic fatale step?

I remember a Jenny Jones show where a hoax went deadly wrong (the secret crush show where it ended up being a gay man crushing on a straight man), this show needs to remember that show as well and becareful.

Judging from the dismal ratings, I doubt it will reach its finale which would be a good thing.

[U]i[I] think its both

i think its cruel for both the good and bad performers... some people travel hundres of miles and spend a sum of money just to get to auditions... they wouldn't have done so if they didn't think they had a chance...

I think it's cruel, but I confessed I watched it and laughed,as did my husband.
    We did keep saying "this is so cruel" through the laughter though
    I think the concept itself is cruel although some of the things the judges said were funny.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    In my opinion, this is akin to rubbernecking at car crashes. You know it's wrong, yet you can't look away.

What people may not be considering is that a person can be hurt far worse psychologically than physically, and especially when we start getting our hopes up and start feeling good about ourselves. Would we laugh at a show that brought contestants onto the stage so that the judges could physically beat the crap out of them? I hope not. Yet, for an unfortunate few, they will be mocked and ridiculed on national TV - the butt of an elaborate practical joke that profits from their lack of talent and personal humiliation.

Will $100,000 awarded to one person be enough to erase the psychological damage this could cause for many more?

I realize I sound pretty heavy here, but this has to be an all-time low for TV.

OMW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast