+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian McFayden, Host

No, he's Ryan Seacrest Light.

Yes, I get the distinction. Since Seacrest is already foamy, this guy must be practically ethereal.

I suppose the Mandy Moore thing is confusing. She comes off like she's got taste. He wasn't her boyfriend back when she still thought she was going to be the next Britney Spears, circa 1999, was he? (EDIT - Oh, I see. She broke up with Roddick. Why would she trade down to a tool like this? I remember a bit of Cupid now, and he DID suck.)
    Last edited by Krom; 05-06-2004 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    This guy totally sucks!!!

He was absolutely horrible hosting Cupid.
    One more thing sparks my memory. Cupid was produced/fronted by Simon Cowell, wasn't it? So we can create a ridiculous conspiracy theory where this guy wound up hating Cowell enough to agree to go on a show mocking Cowell's primary employment.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I didn't like this guy at all! His hair looks awful and he was more annoying than anything.

Maybe that's what they were going for.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

He was a tad better than I expected but I think John said it best when he described him as 'Ryan Seacrest Light'

But after hosting 'Cupid' at least he's proved there's no depths to which he will not sink.
    “Conforming is not cool,” - Adam Lambert

Which is why you went on American Idol - the biggest mainstream singerbot factory on television -right? Welcome to hypocrisy, Adam.

FORT Newbie

Brian is a genius.

Nobody has made the connection? Brian is a genius. If you remember, Cupid, Brian's previous host job, was the brainchild of Simon Cowell. It was Cowell's rip off answer to Mike Fleiss' Bachelorette. Fleiss coincindentally is the producer of Superstar, the spoof of American Idol. I think it is hilarious that McFayden now is overtly slamming on Cowell with Superstar. He does it with wry wit and humor and is the absolutely cooler Seacrest.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Yes, I get the distinction. Since Seacrest is already foamy, this guy must be practically ethereal.
    Ethereal is a perfect word to describe him.
    Plain white toast would be good too.

Maybe it's too soon to condemn the fella completely. After all, we've only seen him on two episodes of Superstar. So far I like him - he's pretty funny and nowhere near as weird as, say, Alex McCloud.
    Did you see him tell that happy contestant that he wasn't allowed to hug them anymore? That was funny!

I'm going to refrain from offering a firm opinion of him until I see at least one finals show in front of an audience.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Tuscadero
    Maybe it's too soon to condemn the fella completely. After all, we've only seen him on two episodes of Superstar. So far I like him - Alex
    He was also the host of "Cupid", that piece of tripe Simon Cowell tried to pass off as a reality show. So for those who saw it... believe me, it's not too soon to condemn him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast