+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Briggs, Judge

Chris Briggs, Judge

I can't find any official bio on him, but he was an A&R guy at EMI, and moved to Phonogram records. He signed "Big Country", "Bunch of Stiffs", Robbie Williams, and Procol Harum

Interestingly enough (or not), Chris was a co-producer of "Who Wants to Marry A Multi-Millionaire?", co-produced by Fleiss, the guy behind this show.

Never heard of this guy.
    I used to like Big Country in the 80's though, assuming there is only one Big Country and they're Scortish.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So this is our "Simon" (sans British accent)? Really, assuming that each judge is sort-of kind-of like their AI-equivalent (or told to be so) of the three judges he's got both the easiest and toughest job. It's easy to be mean, but then again on a show where the point is to be mean to the WRONG people, it might be a challenge.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-06-2004 at 02:04 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    This guy was funny at times, but I found his remarks actually a bit OTT.

I know the judges are all "acting", but this guy was "acting" like an idiot more than not.

The whole..."I was looking at your boobs and didn't hear a word of the song" comment was just stupid. Not even funny.
    Oh..and the poor Canadian girl who had to be subject to his assinine rant about Canadians and blah blah blah... F#ck off buddy!

Nah, I don't like this guy.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I thought he was really funny, particularly when he pretended to call 911 to report a robbery because Frank had stolen the show
    "That's Numberwang!"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Or how about:

Chris: Knock, knock.
    Contestant: Who's there?
    Chris: You sucked.

or the time when, instead of verbally responding, he just started "humming" (for lack of a better word) that little rimshot-like tune and ended it with a big rasberry and a thumbs down: Dun, da da, dun dun...dun...(rasberry and a thumbs down.) That was priceless.

Admittedly, that last joke doesn't translate to a verbal description very well, but, overall, I think the guy is hilarious. I thought I was going to detest the show, but Chris and Vitamin C are doing such a great job improvising some wacky stuff, I can help but be entertained.

(I'm a bit worried that it won't be as interesting when it gets ot their "top 12," and they have to comment on the same people over and over.)

FORT Newbie
    I loved that joke, hence my handle. I also was cracking up when he said, "Its like John Travolta took a dump and that dump walked in here to audition for Superstar". Another fav - "and then you had a cigarette with that song and cuddled it." For Vitamin C - when the Michael Jackson impersonator finished she says, "Hmmm, you remind me of somebody....."

I don't know how they do it and keep a straight face. I am absolutely cracking up. Me and my hubby, however, thought the same thing as you regarding the remaining episodes - will the commentary praising the bad be as funny without the counter commentary dissing the good? We'll see.

Briggs right now is the funniest man on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I can't find any official bio on him, but he was an A&R guy at EMI, and moved to Phonogram records. He signed "Big Country", "Bunch of Stiffs", Robbie Williams, and Procol Harum
    He seems awfully young to have signed Big Country & Procul Harum. If he's about 35 and Big Country was mid 80's, he'd have only been like 21 or something when they were big. When was PH big, I thought they were from the 70s or something with "Whiter Shade of Pale" - isn't it them who sing this song??? I feel so confused

I do think he's funny though and totally plays the straight man!
    when he pretended to call 911 to report a robbery because Frank had stolen the show
    This was my absolute fav of his comments!!

FORT Newbie
    and not to mention he is kinda cute.

Norelle//TrueBeauty Shandilized's Avatar
    I hate how he's always "you made love to that... you spanked it, blah blah blah blah!!" IT's sooo olld!! And I hate how he's all "your boobs get in the way a bit.." Why doesn't he just use his hand to block them!? Or like not stare?
    ::CYCLE4::
    [Tatiana][Rebecca][Naima][Kahlen][Christina]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast