+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin C, Judge

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    judge? probably not, the most I can say about her is she's exactly like her american-idol ripoff- Ms Paula who we all know about her judging abilities
    First of all, I think gender is the only thing she has in common with Paula. I certainly don't think she's trying to act sugary and sweet like Paula does. Frankly, she's been just as mean as briggs. Second, comparing judging is irrelevent since they're not actually judging on this show. :rolleyes They're just improving jokes at the expense of the contestants. That, I have to admit, she seem pretty good at.

btw, can we stop calling her Vitamin C? That just seems really absurd. What's her real name? Colleen? (oh, that's where she got the C from)

FORT Newbie
    I've been a fan of Colleen Fitzpatrick (Vitamin C) for a long time. She was in the movie Hairspray where she played Amber Van Tussel (the daughter of Sonny Bono and Debbie Harry). She was the arch nemisis of the character played by Riki Lake.

In the early 90s she was in a band called Eve's Plum. She released two albums Envy in 1993 and Cherry Alive in 1995. The Envy album was very angry in stark contrast to the Vitamin C image that she cultivated in the late 90s. She also did covers including an amazingly angry and bitter take on Gloria Gainor's "I Will Survive."

FORT Regular
    She is mildy amusing. As for her attractiveness, she has a cute face but it seems to me she is a lot heavier then the Vitamin C in the picture at the beginning of this thread. Meh.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john14809
    I've been a fan of Colleen Fitzpatrick (Vitamin C) for a long time. She was in the movie Hairspray where she played Amber Van Tussel (the daughter of Sonny Bono and Debbie Harry). She was the arch nemisis of the character played by Riki Lake.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was her! I'll have to go back and watch.
    I'm loving her, she's the funniest part of the show by far.

FORT Newbie

Vitamin C movie on Sun (6/6) 9 pm eastern on Bravo

Hairspray will be airing on Sunday (6/6) 9 pm eastern on Bravo. Vitamin C plays Amber Van Tussel (the daughter of the characters played by Sonny Bono and Debbie Harry).

I saw it a few years ago. She looks completely different and has short blonde hair. I think she gets the majority of the face time.

I LOVE Hairspray and never knew Vitamin C played in the darn movie.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I've seen it a few times, albeit a long time ago... now I'm gonna have to see it again.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by john14809
    I've been a fan of Colleen Fitzpatrick (Vitamin C) for a long time. She was in the movie Hairspray where she played Amber Van Tussel (the daughter of Sonny Bono and Debbie Harry)....
    In the early 90s she was in a band called Eve's Plum. She released two albums Envy in 1993 and Cherry Alive in 1995... ...did covers including an amazingly angry and bitter take on Gloria Gainor's "I Will Survive."
    ALSO: Vitamin C (real name Colleen Ann Fitzpatrick and my all-time favorite artist) appeared in episodes of the TV show "The Equalizer" in the late '80s. Her band Eve's Plum recorded until about '97, and produced some tracks for compilation albums such as "Rock for Choice" and the "Duran Duran Tribute Album". The band appeared (as themselves) in the movie "Higher Learning" and has a song on that soundtrack. The band had a very intense, loyal, dedicated fanbase while they toured heavily for their albums. Their cover of Gloria Gaynor's song was not recorded in a studio, rather they only performed it during some live shows, and Colleen's version is legendary among fans of the band...

After developing Vitamin C and launching her solo career, she appeared in a major role in "Dracula 2000". Her self-titled album achieved Platinum status, and for a short period she was extremely popular, even Mattel Inc. produced a toy doll in her likeness. Her promotional tours for the solo albums were similar to other pop stars of the period, including continuous choreographed dancing, she is a great dancer ala Paula Abdul. Additionally she had roles in several other movies and TV shows. In 2003 she signed on with her third major label and released a CD single in England, achieving moderate success with a cover of The Strokes' "Last Nite" incorporating elements from her old friend Debbie Harry's song "Heart of Glass"...

As for judging, she has real credentials for that; she was a finalist judge in the Pantene Pro-Voice competition in 2002. That, along with her intensely sarcastic humor and general shy dorkiness equips her well for this role on Superstars...

Overall I have the sense that she does gigs like "Celebrity Boot Camp" and "Superstars USA" more because she needs the income than that she believes in the projects. There have been quotes from her and other rumors about a new album being produced, but that has proven untrue in the past. I certainly hope she records and performs again, and if she ever tours with her songs, that she'll include "I Will Survive" in the set-list...
    I'm gonna' live forever - or die trying...

FORT Newbie
    Note: because I am a new member I cannot post links.

You can listen to a sample of Eve's Plum work at Amazon. Just search Eve's Plum in the toolbar and you can listen. She had a different attitude and sound than the Vitamin C of today.

The I Will Survive cover is on a live Eve's Plum CD called I Want It All Alive.

I liked her song "My unhappy anniversary" I'm slightly sad that I gave the album away. But I only liked two songs on it (can't remember the other) so wasn't too upset when someone else wanted the CD. (I have that awful habit of being nice, got to get rid of it! Without a conscience the world would bow before me, but sadly - I still have mine)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast