+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Next week previews: More clueless parents. More unruly kids. Nanny Jo steps in. Editing shows a perfect family in the end.... What more is there to say?

Ok, happy ending as usual. I loved it when the dad admitted he was full of #$@% instead of Jojo. And the mom said the problems were with her, not her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Next week previews: More clueless parents. More unruly kids. Nanny Jo steps in. Editing shows a perfect family in the end.... What more is there to say?
    ITA Karen! Not sure how long this show can last...it seems to be pretty popular but I think it's going to get old fast. Although, you could probably say that about the Bachelor and I still keep getting sucked into that one too!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Ugh, the dad is awful.
    I didn't think Jo was rude to them at all.
    He and his wife certainly tolerate more rudeness from their own daughter.
    Why did he even sign up for the show if he is going to be this way. Gee, I wonder where his kid gets her behavior from. :rolleyes
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

When Jo called her on putting Jayden back in the naughty room for pouting, I sort of looked at that two ways. On one hand, I understand that you have to pick your battles with kids or you'll be fussing all day long. If she wants to pout, let her. It's no where near the worst thing she could be doing. On the other hand, having attitude after punishment was never allowed when I was growing up. If you did something bad enough to deserve punishment, then you had no right to be angry over being punished. You were to be apologetic, and contrite. If anything, making an effort to appear pleasant. And there was no such thing as murmering an angry "sorry". The apology was a standing, eye to eye recitation which included what you did wrong, why it was wrong, a sincere apology, and promise to behave.

But then... I was born a long time ago

Billy's behavior didn't seem that over the top for his age. He didn't need a three hour nap (neither of them did), and munching before dinner shouldn't have been allowed, although after sleeping that long, he probably was ready to eat again. After all, look how many hours had passed since his last meal. That aside, his behavior wasn't too abnormal.

This was my third SuperNanny, and I'm beginning to see the pattern. Now I want to see something different happen. A kid that doesn't shape up, or even gets worse. Perhaps Jo having to recommend some sort of clinical evaluaion for a child.

Hi, I'm new here but I just had to comment:

I have a 6 year old son. He quit taking naps like 4 years ago! A 6 year old should not need a nap at all, unless they are sick or something like that.

The dad was a jerk. He won't tolerate an adult giving him criticism but he'll tolerate his 6 year old daughter slamming doors in his wife's face. My husband would have flipped his lid had any of our kids done that to me! And this guy is a cop?!?! Ugh.

I really don't wonder where the daughter got her attitude. She came by it very naturally.

Okay, I really don't know about the napping thing! My 4 year old takes a one hour nap, and sleeps 10 hours every night, and we never struggle at bedtime. I will not even tell you how long my 2 year old naps in addition to a 10 hour night! But, they both go to bed easily. They are so physically active all day long (2 boys obviously), and I think some children do need more sleep than others. I am dreading kindergarten this year, because my oldest is going to have to give up naptime, and on the few days he doesn't nap, he is a bear by dinnertime!

FORT Fan
    Was it ever explained why the six-year-old wasn't in school? That's well past the age when they ought to at least be in first grade.

On separate note, I agree that this is a good show. But it's basically the same story each week -- just with different characters. Not sure how long I'm going to remain interested. Epsecially since I don't have children!

I am over 30 and like to nap. A lot. God I love naps.
    I'm gonna go take a nap now.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    Was it ever explained why the six-year-old wasn't in school? That's well past the age when they ought to at least be in first grade.

On separate note, I agree that this is a good show. But it's basically the same story each week -- just with different characters. Not sure how long I'm going to remain interested. Epsecially since I don't have children!
    Presumably it was during a vacation? (BTW, a lot of 6-yr olds are in kindergarten, not 1st grade. It depends on their birthday and the state laws re age at starting school, as well as individual development in some cases.)

It's my observation that lots of 6-yr-olds could really use a short nap, although they are often reluctant to take it. My son used to go to sleep at in the blink of an eye at that age if I took him somewhere in the car during the afternoon, although he would never admit being sleepy at home.

The length of time these kids were napping was ridiculous, though, especially with such an early bedtime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast