+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I think ol' dad is a time bomb just waiting to explode. Tick, tick, tick.
    Yeah, and he's armed! Everybody duck!

Jadyn slept with Mommy & Daddy till she was 4? And now she sleeps in the hallway - big improvement.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Clueless Dad wants someone to say "hey you're doing this really great but maybe you can try this" or something like that. Uhm, if you were "doing it great" would you have called Super Nanny???

Bill has a point - if he and Stacie found the kids' behaviour "acceptable" they wouldn't have signed up for the show.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Ugh, the dad is awful.
    I didn't think Jo was rude to them at all.
    He and his wife certainly tolerate more rudeness from their own daughter.

He thinks Jo is "full of s***".
    Even if she is, the methods he and his wife are using clearly aren't working so why not at least give her methods a shot?

True enough Q, I thought that too. But maybe they have sugar coated their dissaproval of their kids and that is why they are having problems and can't take the straight talk themselves.....
    But still, I have this odd feeling that things will work out ok in the end..

But what I don't get is that is that they clearly know things aren't working in their family...and yet they're resistent to anyone telling them they need to change!

Honestly, if I were desperate enough to have a reality show help me out, I'd probably be open to some suggestions.

I had a really bad parent conference today, so I'm going to be really cranky while watching these crazy parents---which is made all the more crazy by the fact that the mom also teaches!!! She should know better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    But still, I have this odd feeling that things will work out ok in the end..
    Doesn't it always?

Ooooh......here comes the 'naughty step'!

I really love the color of the walls in their living room. The sofa's ugly, though.

2 minute time out on the naughty step? I thought it was 1 minute for every year? So that would be 4 minutes? Maybe I'm thinking of Nanny 911 though. Nope she just said give the girl her age? Mixed Signals Nanny Jo??

I'm having a little trouble with this use of the naughty step. I'd certainly use it for Billy's tantrums, but not for knocking over a playing piece on a board game. He's only 2 - in his mind that is how you play a boardgame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast