+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jo Frost - SuperNanny

Jo Frost - SuperNanny

From the official site:
    Jo Frost, the star of ABC's new reality show, Supernanny, says that children have been a big part of her life from the beginning. She's always had a gift for connecting with kids on their own level, and began babysitting as a teenager. After college she embarked on nannying as a career, and over 15 years she has honed her successful methods of child-rearing with hands-on, real-life experience. She has managed all manner of child-rearing challenges -- from potty training and sibling rivalry to sleep issues and tantrums -- over her years working in temporary, long-term and trouble-shooting jobs.

Nick Powell, the executive producer of the program, was struck by her skills, sincerity and candid style and cast her as the original Supernanny, a new reality program in the United Kingdom. The first three episodes aired in the summer of '04 to widespread popularity and acclaim, and made "Naughty Step" and "Your behavior is very naughty!" national catchphrases. Jo even got a rave in the House of Commons on a discussion about preventing the causes of anti-social behavior.

Upon completion of the filming of the U.S. episodes, Jo returned to London, where she lives, to film additional episodes of the U.K. version of the program.

Her parenting book, Supernanny, will be published in the U.S. in January 2005.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Hey Fluff how come she has the BBC 1 accent.....does she have any tele experience ...just wondering if she worked as a nanny to promote an acting career.....the perfect mispronunciation of That is not acceptable.....would allow her to read the news in the Uk....

I've never heard anyone else pronounce the word "asseptible" in my life.

I've never heard anyone in the UK read the news with a discernible accent of any kind either.
    She might get a part in The Bill or Eastenders, but reading the news would be an unrealised goal.
    Fifteen years working as a nanny is rather a long time if it's merely a cover for an acting career.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    My hearing must be going..I heard it as axxeptible....still annoying either way....and your right 15 years is a long time to be a nanny period.....since the trend in England for the last 15 years has been to hire kids from Europe for child care...

FORT Newbie
    How Can I Contact Jo Frost

Your best bet would be to try the official network site for the show.

We're just a fan site for reality TV, we have no contacts with people on them.

FORT Newbie
    Hi All,
    Supernanny has just launched a new website in the UK - with US, Australian and non-English versions to follow from December. There's lots of info and clips from the show, plus other parenting articles, forums and blogs.
    Anna

+ Reply to Thread