+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperNanny

Ahh, I can sleep well tonight. All is right with the world again. thank you SuperNanny. G'night all.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    This show is a riot! Man, Andra is a BRAT!

Andra: "Poopie Head" LOL!

While we were watching this, my partner and I had to hold our hands over our ears for all the screaming. Aside from Slacker Mom finally getting some peace the other good things to come from this is that Andra's First Grade Teacher is going to get a kid that will actually listen rather than the Demon Spawn that she was before the show.

I find it interesting that Mother's on Wife Swap are crucified for having lists and times scheduled down to the minute, but if SUPER NANNY makes lists and schedules things down to the minute, she's a bloody genius.

Well, which is it going to be, folks? I took a hard look at that list and Nanny had things down to a 15 minute schedule. I'll all for scheduling the living daylights out of those brats; when Mom confessed that she had been chronically disorganized her entire life, I just groaned and said, "Oh no, not another one!" Seemed like Mom needed to be taught more from the Nanny than the kids did. Such a shame that there's such clueless and dimwitted parents out there, subjecting the rest of us to their mistakes.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I think FOX and ABC both stole from a British show.
    If ABC has the nanny from the UK show it means they bought the rights to create a US version. Therefore Fox stole... again. :rolleyes

I'm going to reserve opinion on this until I've seen a couple more. But after tonight's show I think I might like it better than Nanny 911. Less cheese, less Jerry Springer-esque tendencies. Of course, now having said that next week's ep could lay it on thick

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Poor Barbara needs a year long Spa vacation and makeover.
    What Barbara needs is to grow a backbone.

She tipped the whole thing when she said "I'm notorious for being disorganized." Yeah, no #$!!. No wonder those kids run like pirates through that house (and wherever else she takes them). My cats are better-behaved than those children were for most of this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    What Barbara needs is to grow a backbone.

She tipped the whole thing when she said "I'm notorious for being disorganized." Yeah, no #$!!. No wonder those kids run like pirates through that house (and wherever else she takes them). My cats are better-behaved than those children were for most of this episode.

Karennz: Your "pirates" description is one of the funniest and most picturesque descriptions of bad parenting that I've ever read!!! With your permission, I'd love to use that description for the rest of my life! And I quite agree: my is waaaay better behaved than those ...pirates!

Barbara, from start to finish, looked like a 'deer trapped in the headlights'. I thought that at the end of the show we'd see her un-hunch her shoulders, maybe take a deep breath or look like she had 'set a spell' to catch her breath. Nope. Even after Super Nanny swooped in and rescued her, again, she continued to look haggard. I smell an affair down the road, something to take her mind off of being a door mat.

She said in the very beginning of the show that she and her husband, who have been married 20 years, had their children late. I'm wondering if DAILY she regrets doing that because clearly it's not working out for her. And if she was so notorious for being disorganized, than how did she ever function in the business world, pre-pirates? I'm going to assume that she was a Career Lady before the kids; she doesn't strike me as the Bon Bon eating chit who would sit in front of the TV, watching soaps. Now that I think of it, she probably was Middle Management, meaning that she had someone higher up making all the decisions and setting the pace.

Yes, this is/was a British program that ABC has the rights to produce. My partner is Scottish and she watched the show back home. Fox did another copycat rendition.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I actually just "stumbled" across this show last night, and was pleasantly surprised at how effective Jo's "techniques" were in such a short time. I NEVER thought that Andra would comply, let alone apologize!! I also had to laugh when I saw that rigid schedule! I thought that it would be way too unrealistic to "schedule" the entire day like that. But, she seemed to make it work.

I also liked how Jo talked to the parents originally. It takes a lot of tact to speak to a parent about the way they're raising their children, because of course, no one wants to be told they're a bad parent!

My favorite part was when Andra sassed her mom, and Jo told Barbara, "Don't allow your child to talk to you like that, Barbara" and Barbara said, "What should I DO??" DUHHHHH!!!! Tell her not to talk to you like that--HELLOOOOOO!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz
    My favorite part was when Andra sassed her mom, and Jo told Barbara, "Don't allow your child to talk to you like that, Barbara" and Barbara said, "What should I DO??" DUHHHHH!!!! Tell her not to talk to you like that--HELLOOOOOO!
    One of my faves was when Jo was showing the dad the DVD's and he [u]asked/u] Andra if she was ready to apologize to him! Stupid parents! The best critic of their behaviour is their own, when they watch the DVD's and see how clueless they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Whatever happened to "Commando Nanny", the show Mark Burnett was working on?

Andra: "I'll be good if you buy me a donut." :rolleyes
    Commando Nanny was based on Mark Barnett's first job in LA where he was a nanny for a family.

The actor who was playing the part of the nanny just found out he had cancer, I'm not sure if it was lung or colon, but the show was put on hold while he went and got treatment.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    One of my faves was when Jo was showing the dad the DVD's and he [u]asked/u] Andra if she was ready to apologize to him! Stupid parents! The best critic of their behaviour is their own, when they watch the DVD's and see how clueless they are.
    That was great... I became mildly relieved at that point, because the parents were actually showing signs that they recognized how bad they were screwing up! I thought, my gosh, there IS some hope for these people after all!

Another thing I thought was so funny was in the beginning when Jo was "observing"-- she would make the funniest facial expressions toward the camera when the kids were misbehaving!! That was hilarious!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread