+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: SuperNanny

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mizknowitall
    Ok..."butt pie"?!? If one of my kids called me that, there would be some consequences all right....

What is it with parents these days that they are so terrified at the thought of having their kids dislike them that they are willing to be bullied by them?
    I'd like to suggest a slight twist to the above quote. What is it with THESE parents that they are so unwilling to discipline their daughters, but so willing to use that sweet nine-year-old boy as a scapegoat for everything?

A spanking should be like a nuclear bomb --

something that is not used trivially, but there as a real threat.

And I would have carpet-bombed the twins posteriors with some major atomics.

This is my first time watching SuperNanny. It's kind of addictive. I have no idea how the girls got to the point of ordering around the parents; it was really sad. Worse is poor Jared, but I liked the idea of the thought box, and I hope Jo did keep in touch with him.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Jo Frost is sooo cute. I love her accent, even when she says asseptable. You go SuperNanny!!!
    I like that she lets her hair down and doesn't seem as stern as the nannies on Nanny 911.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Holy crap. These twins were awful!! There's NO WAY that they're all nicey-nice now and well behaved.
    I like to watch and laugh at how badly the kids act, but with these two? No. I was glaring at the television..as if they were my own children. I wanted to jump through the screen and lay some smackdowns on some butt-pies!!

I'm sure they're sweet and gooey and lovable and precious and all that crap.. but.I...a... no. I ain't believing it. Show me the hidden camera(s) of what's going on today!
    Until THEN.. I'm crossing my arms in defiance and saying, "na na nanaaaaaa..I don'tttt belieevvveee youu!!" They're still terrors.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I was glaring at the television..as if they were my own children. I wanted to jump through the screen and lay some smackdowns on some butt-pies!!
    Amen to that, Maveno.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who had the urge to haul off and smack those little monsters -- not that I ever would, but really, how could they become such raging bitches in such a relatively short time on the planet?

This episode was so difficult to watch (not just their speech but the hitting etc., and mistreatment of the boy) that I could only take it in small doses. I still think the FOX rip-off show Nanny 911 is more fun to watch.

Premium Member
    For being only 4 years old and staying at home every day where did those girls learn to talk like that? Butt-pie and stinky-butt were bad enough but when they were calling Jared "fool" over and over. What was that? Seemed like kind of an odd word for little 4 year olds to be using, but I didn't notice them watching a lot of TV so I wonder where they picked that up.
    When I was 4 years old we went on a trip to Minnesota and I delighted in telling the man who was renting out the boats at the lake that he was a "dirty pig"... at least 3 or 4 times because I wanted to make sure everyone heard me. I'm 50 now and I still remember the "consequences" of my smart little mouth.

I thought that mom looked a lot like Meryl Streep.

I never post, I am just a major lurker! These children though! Wow! I couldn't believe what I saw. I have 3 children eight and under. My children would never speak to me, or each other like that. Although I don't have a problem with an occasional spanking, if its definitely warranted. Where did they learn this behavior,and no one nipped in the bud before now? wow. lol

My eight year old daughter had napped after school, so was awake and watched it with me. She was amazed at these children. She was like "oh wow, I can't believe they speak to their mother like that".

Also, my main reason for posting....does anybody think part of the sleeping problem is their schedule? I noticed that breakfast is 8am..so they must be getting up a bit before that, then they put them down for a nap, and then to bed at 8pm? Schedules are all good and fine, but at 4 years old, these children may not need a nap? My girls all gave up their naps around 3yrs old, except for every now and then. I think that obviously these girls were not tired at 8pm. Which could be solved by making them go into their rooms to play quietly, color, look at books, etc, if the parents wanted some time to themselves. That is another rant of mine though..parents are supposed to get time to themselves? lol I wish! Ok..just my 2 cents...carry on!

I was again thinking of the techniques from Nanny 911 and how they would have to use the whole arsenal on those nightmare twins. They would have to isolate every disrespectful behavior like the hitting, the name-calling, the obnoxious bossing around their parents, and the bothering of their brother and put that on the chart that says whether they did good or bad that day to earn privileges. I would say they should use the marble jar, but they would never earn enough good marbles to take out for the bad behavior and a constantly em,pty jar wouldn't be a job motivational tool!

And as for throwing things out of their room at night, everything they throw should go in the garbage bag and see if they earn the privilege to get it back at the end of the week. If not, Goodwill. They have to learn their evil ways have consequences, but I doubt the parents are dedicated enough to follow through on all that. That is why the rest of society suffers from badly-behaved children. The parents don't take responsibility for their own brood. The nanny in this episode hardly made a dent in what needs to happen to get that family on track.

+ Reply to Thread