+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: SuperNanny

I have a Naughty Loveseat at my house, but that's a whole 'nother story.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I have a Naughty Loveseat at my house, but that's a whole 'nother story.
    That must be in your 'naughty room'..

I honestly thought, that first day that Jo arrived, that Tammy Orm was most concerned about looking extra glam for the cameras. No wonder the kids were off by themselves getting into trouble. It takes time to get the hair and makeup and earrings just right....

Now, maybe Tammy really doesn't have regular t-shirts or non-revealing clothing. Maybe she really always dresses like that and doesn't even perceive that she might be giving off a skank vibe with her please-look-at-my-boobs wardrobe. Could be. But still, I couldn't help feeling that she was taking extra care with her makeup and wardrobe to look good (read: sexy) for the cameras during the filming those two weeks. I found it all distracting; I felt like it was just as important to her that she come off looking like a sexy young thang as it was that she come off looking like a good mom on the show. Maybe I'm wrong about her. Maybe it was just the editing. I'm just going on what I saw.

And from the mighty-hard-to-believe department, here is a quote from an article in the Santa Clarita paper, The Signal.

“Before, if I got frustrated, I would count,” Orm said. “Now I say, here’s a warning and if it’s not heeded, they go straight to the naughty room.

"It’s a tool that works well for the stay-at-home mom, herself a former nanny and elementary school teacher."

Premium Member
    Welcome dallas_viewer! I totally agree with you. Hard as I tried I couldn't get past her look-at-my-boobs wardrobe. I wondered at first if she was just dressing that way for the cameras but she had so many of those little tops it would seem that she dresses like that all the time. The one day she had on the green halter with the little green cheerleader skirt and clear high heeled sandals, not exactly what you would expect to see an exhausted mother wear on a normal day of chasing after 3 little boys.. not to mention her sons being exposed to her cleavage day in and day out. Mr. Marleybone said Woo Hoo when she bent over in that outfit.
    Not that I have a problem with dressing to play up your "assets" if you have the bod for it.. I say go for it, but there's an appropriate time and place for it and I don't think that was it. She looked more like she was auditioning for a part on General Hospital than a former nanny and elementary school teacher.
    One thing that kind of broke my heart a little was when the middle boy was crying on the steps and he told the cameraman to go away. That has to be incredibly hard on the children to have the cameras in their faces.

I could not stop commenting about her "attire" during the whole episode. First of all, she should NOT have been wearing those skirts. Secondly, who wears heals to stay home running after 3 kids, Finally, does she own a bra??? I can't believe one of those kids haven't yanked out those 3 inch long dangly earrings. I understand wanting to look nice and comfortable but she just looked like she wanted to look 18 and not in her 30's.

She just needs to get a clue and focus more on being a mom.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    The dad's cap was driving me nuts. It had a tear in the front edge of the bill and just looked so tremendously trashy. And, a cap on, inside, at the dinner table? Who raised this yahoo? No wonder their kids are the naughty little buggers they are.

Premium Member
    That was just like the dad in the second episode. He never took off his cap through the whole show. I want so bad to tell them to grow up and get some manners.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Caden takes a swig of his beer after that awful bite of creamed corn.
    I swear.. I thought the exact same thing when I was watching!!

I went searching for a photo of Caden(?) cramming those Cheetos up his nose...I would love it as my avatar! Hilarious.

But I can't find one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

????

What does that guy do that they could afford that huge house, 3 kids, and a stay-at-home mom? Especially since they are such losers in their home life, how do they manage to do so well financially?

Where do they live, because it looks like California, but that is *expensive*!

If I lived in that neighborhood I would be afraid of running over a wandering kid. Aren't they afraid of that, or abduction? Someone should have called Child Protective Services on them

I am watching this on Tivo so I haven't seen it all yet, but the way those kids jump around -- the 3 year old leaped on the kitchen counter looking just like a bug. And I never saw kids literally climbing the walls before I started watching those Nanny shows, either. Really, people should need licenses to breed.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    the 3 year old leaped on the kitchen counter looking just like a bug.
    Yes! I forgot to mention that in my last post.. he REALLY looked like a bug and we were laughing pretty hard when we saw it! Honestly, it's like he had suctions on feet/hands to be able to stick like that!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread