+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finale (4/5) Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    has anyone heard about a season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    has anyone heard about a season 2?
    Looks like they are still taking applications, so I imagine that there will be, unless the ratings were really horrible.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan
    That's good news about possible renewal. I thought this show had good potential to be really interesting reality tv with the way it crossed elements of American Idol with the Bachelor and America's Next Top Model.

If they do it again...

1) don't cut som many candidates so fast....it does take some time to get interested in them.

2) show full clips so the audience can make a judgment before the judges do

3) the in house stuff didn't work that well....I might keep the focus on the "training", the clips, and the judging.

4) I don't know about the rights issues, but giving them better scenes to work with would have helped.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if the producers meet with WB and get told "Don't Call us...." Somehow this show generated absolutely no buzz...

FORT Fan
    I do think there is one big factor that would lead to Starlet 2....If Michellelynne catches on with One Tree Hill....then a second contact is a certainty regardless of ratings for the Starlet.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    they euphemized it a little, but it came down to the fact that Mercedes couldn't do "sexy". Which if you're going to be one One Tree Hill as a possible new love interest for the 2 guys...When it got down to 4 actresses, there was only one way the network could go.
    I think you're right. There was a disclaimer at the very end of the credits that said something about the judges making the decisions with input from someone else--probably the OTH people. I couldn't read it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    That's good news about possible renewal. I thought this show had good potential to be really interesting reality tv with the way it crossed elements of American Idol with the Bachelor and America's Next Top Model.

If they do it again...

1) don't cut som many candidates so fast....it does take some time to get interested in them.

2) show full clips so the audience can make a judgment before the judges do

3) the in house stuff didn't work that well....I might keep the focus on the "training", the clips, and the judging.

4) I don't know about the rights issues, but giving them better scenes to work with would have helped.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if the producers meet with WB and get told "Don't Call us...." Somehow this show generated absolutely no buzz...
    I would add that if the show is actually an audition for a particular role that they have contestants who could actually play that role (in terms of look and style).

I don't remember some of the earlier contestants, but out of the last 5, only Michelynne and Katie (and maybe Lauren) had the physical look for playing a role on OTH. Mercedes just looks way too sophisticated. I think she did well with the dramatic roles and she's gorgeous, but she just doesn't look the part for OTH.

Premium Member
    This was a smart move, for OTH to turn their next casting call into a reality show. They got more exposure for the show plus we got the entertainment of the Starlet. They will get more viewers for OTH now because Michelynne has our interest and we want to see how she does. I'll bet there will be more Starlets, if not for OTH then for some other show.

Joseph will have plenty of work for Mercedes after this, so I think it's better she lost than won. You're right about her being too sophisticated for OTH.

For Season 2, they should do an audition for another show, just to give a new variety of actresses at least. Another thought might be an audition show for male actors. If the guys were cute enough, I'd watch it... esp. if they make them do kissing scenes.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    If the guys were cute enough, I'd watch it... esp. if they make them do kissing scenes.

Bahahahaha! Imagine the meltdowns we would see if that were their assignment. Man, that would be some good television.

I really enjoyed this series. I especially appreciated the fact that they didn't try to stretch it out with all kinds of extra fluff, just focused on the competitions and the house drama between the girls. I'll definitely watch next time.

Mercedes definitely has a career ahead of her. It certainly can't hurt that Joseph is smitten with her. She is not the OTH type at all. In my opinion, she looks way older than a typical 24 year-old. Not saying she looks aged or over-the-hill, just very mature.

They definitely edited the show to favor Michelynne. I think she needed to win more than anyone, because she obviously doesn't have the financial resources to pay for a lot of training, etc. She needed this break, and I think she'll work hard to make the most of it.

Thanks to everyone who read/commented on my recaps. I appreciate it!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fan
    You mean America would watch a show with guys having to kiss each other in a hot tub? The ones who didn't win could never serve in the military. :}

For Season 2, they should do an audition for another show, just to give a new variety of actresses at least. Another thought might be an audition show for male actors. If the guys were cute enough, I'd watch it... esp. if they make them do kissing scenes. [/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast