+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finale (4/5) Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Mercedes' acting is not much better than a straight cold reading.

Katie's messing up.
    Huh, I thought Mercedes was excellent and professional. Michellyne was nice to watch, showed promise. Katie sucked. Maybe Katie needs a scene partner to pummel.

Mercedes should have won, but I'm so happy they chucked Katie first that it doesn't matter!

Premium Member
    I kind of figured they would pick Michelynne because of the way they kept bringing up her poor background and how she had to stay in a hostel. When Mercedes watched her pack her suitcase and said it made her feel bad that Michelynne had no place to go after the competition, well you knew they weren't going to kick the poor thing to the curb. The Cinderella story makes much better TV than giving the prize to the trained actress.

I thought it kind of sucked when Joseph told Mercedes she was his Starlet, that wasn't nice to lead her on like that. She was pretty blown away when she didn't win, thought she had it in the bag. At least she didn't have to hear "don't call us, we'll call you." That must have been the consolation prize.

Now I'm going to have to watch OTH to see how Michelynne does.

FORT Newbie
    Congratulations to Michelynne! I'm glad she won it. I thought she was clearly the best overall actress. Being the youngest is a plus too.

Did anyone else think Michelynne called Faye Dunaway "Faith" when Michelynne was leaving after her scene evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Now I'm going to have to watch OTH to see how Michelynne does.
    That's what they were banking on. I'll be watching too, I hate to say it. It was exciting to see her in the preview for next week's episode - she looked great!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    That's what they were banking on. I'll be watching too, I hate to say it. It was exciting to see her in the preview for next week's episode - she looked great!
    I never thought of it that way. Well, at least this was a fun way to get interested in a new show.

Michelynne was really the package they wanted-- young, good Cinderella arc, the person with promise. Mercedes would do well in theater, I think. They all looked stunning walking down the aisle and red carpet.

Screen tests were interesting. Katie's was so forced; there were two lines that showed she had potential, but overall I agreed with Vivica. No emotions between some of the lines. Michelynne connected the most with the material, and I loved the last two lines of hers. Mercedes--good as always, but didn't fit as naturally as Michelynne.

I'm rooting for careers for all of them, even Katie, who would do well in commercials.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I think Katie's problem is that she has a very defensive quality about her, like she is always ready for a fight. It is part of what makes her so driven, but also kind of unlikeable and inaccessible. You could see it in her screen test. She is not the kind of person you would walk up to and hug if she was crying - you get the feeling she would rather be left alone. I didn't feel anything vulnerable about her in the screen test, which is what I think the scene called for.

While she was my least favorite, I definitely wish her the best. I agree that she would do great in commercials, because she has the look and the perkiness. And of all three girls, I think she looked the best after the makeover. Her dress was gorgeous!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I watch OTH and was glad to see her win. Out of the three remaining, she had the OTH look. I am excited to see her debut. I'm so glad they showed the promo. If you missed it, it's here:

http://imageevent.com/cmba310/othspe...ewsappearances

I'm definitely happy about Michellynne winning. She was my favorite to win, while Mercedes was my favorite contestant. I know it burned their asses, but it's nice the girls were trying their best to look happy for her.

Needless to say, I doubt there will be a second season. This was fun, but not that fun.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fan
    they euphemized it a little, but it came down to the fact that Mercedes couldn't do "sexy". Which if you're going to be one One Tree Hill as a possible new love interest for the 2 guys...When it got down to 4 actresses, there was only one way the network could go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast