+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

3/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until at least 2:00am EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

That poor bear!

Looks like I'm the only one watching.
    Last edited by corprip; 03-08-2005 at 10:20 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    corprip, no I watched it too. I won't be able to stand up for a few hours after watching that episode.

I liked how they spend some episode time showing how the girls felt about doing a girl-girl kiss and how awkward it was for them to practice the scene. I was a bit surprised at how difficult it was for many of the actresses. I was expecting that only 1 or 2 would find it hard to do an on-screen kiss with another woman.

Does anyone else think The Starlets will have to do a nude scene at some point in the show?

I am taping it in an hour. Sounds like going up against TAR will be a problem, though.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tron81
    corprip, no I watched it too. I won't be able to stand up for a few hours after watching that episode.

I liked how they spend some episode time showing how the girls felt about doing a girl-girl kiss and how awkward it was for them to practice the scene. I was a bit surprised at how difficult it was for many of the actresses. I was expecting that only 1 or 2 would find it hard to do an on-screen kiss with another woman.

Does anyone else think The Starlets will have to do a nude scene at some point in the show?
    Tron, you dirty dog. I love it.

I would be shocked if they did a nude scene, but in a good way. It just seems this might be the one that was supposed to shake them up and test their comfort level in any love scene. Nude scenes aren't really mandatory for star status.

Courtney was SCARY. Oh. My. God. She had to go, she just did not fit in with the rest of the girls at all. I'm surprised she lasted past the little blow up with Vivica last episode.

Mercedes fell off for me this round. She was too stiff, and I'm always irritated with people who take themselves too seriously and get all self-righteous. That's why that Katie bitch got on my nerves. She was trying too hard to prove she did not like the "L-word" kiss. Get over it, babe.

Cecile was definitely the bomb this time around, but I'm still watching Mercedes.

I say Donna goes next.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I am taping it in an hour. Sounds like going up against TAR will be a problem, though.
    Oh yeah, that's probably what's going on. They might have to reschedule. It's ratings suicide to go against TAR.
    Last edited by corprip; 03-08-2005 at 11:13 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Premium Member
    I was watching but nobody else was in here posting so I waited awhile to check back. I think the true test of a good actor is if being able to set aside your own beliefs and feelings of discomfort and become the character you are playing whatever that may be. Of course some of them are still teenagers so I can see where that could be hard to do. I agreed with who they eliminated. Nude scenes? I kind of doubt it but you never know! It looks like next time they are doing commercials.

What a wild episode! Not a dull moment, for sure. I can't imagine they would have to do a nude scene, that would really be unfair.

Going up against TAR shouldn't be an issue after tonight, because the regular time slot is on Sundays.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Man, I love cheap lesbian exploitation. That was fun as all hell.
    Courtney was SCARY. Oh. My. God. She had to go
    Seeing the obnoxious Courtney get smacked down was GREAT.

And poor Mercedes really IS Teri Hatcher, what with that huge insecurity problem Hatcher always talks about having had for most of her career.
    Mercedes fell off for me this round. She was too stiff,
    The good news with her was that in the moments of that scene when she WASN'T kissing, the parts leading up to it, she was actually quite sultry. It was only the mouth-to-mouth parts where she choked.
    Cecile was definitely the bomb this time around, but I'm still watching Mercedes.
    The vibe I saw was that Cecile realized that Mercedes was probably the best actress (besides herself, she would naturally think) and that's why she picked her. To her credit, she stayed very calm and focused when she was thrown the curve that apparently dear Mercedes is a bag of nerves and a little bit insecure about her sexuality.

I knew though from the first time Cecile opened her mouth up in the first episode that she had this particular territory covered. This girl feels VERY comfortable in her own skin. Mercedes had more nuance in week 1, but that "aura" that Cecile has is unmistakable. In any scene where pure presence will work best, Cecile will blow the rest of them away. If it takes technique and subtlety (not as likely on the WB), then that is sweet Mercedes bag. I mean at least until she gets freaked about getting naked or something.

Michelynne WAS better tonight, but she's still got a way to go. Donna is just loud and prone to make excuses, and she is sure to go soon. Lauren did well, but the tongue bath they gave her was a little out of proportion to what she did. Katie? Err. Okay. Not watchable at all.

I actually though Neva did okay. Not great, but okay. I would have put her as third worst, not the 2nd worst.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-09-2005 at 02:34 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I would have sent either Katie or Donna packing over Neva. There's something about Neva that I don't like, but she was better than the two of them.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Premium Member
    I was sick of Donna already the way she was sucking up to Jamie Presley. She's pretty full of herself and quick to blame her partner (I forgot.. was it Katie?) when their scene didn't go well. I still thought Courtney was awful, and I didn't like Neva.. but this is the first show I've seen so maybe she did better before this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast