+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody recording?

FORT Fanatic
    I can't believe Faye said that to Cecile. Sounds like they've written her off too. Do you think the comment was fair and insightful, or just mean and prejudiced?

Also, I'm hoping Michellyne pulls it through. Mercedes has been a favorite of mine, but Michellyne's story makes me want her to win it. For God's sake, her family's house is on the line. It's not like you really need to be talented to be on OTH, why not just give the girl a shot? A little proactiv might help clear up the skin.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

The comment was fair. Her accent does limit her. No one would hire her for that commercial outside her native country.
    I've not been a big Cecile fan; I dont think she's that attractive and her face is closed and unemotional to me. She is poised and more mature than most of the other girls, and I think that's what's gotten her this far. However, The Starlet will be given a part on One Tree Hill, and what do they do about the accent on the show? I dont think she'll be the winner for that reason.

Michelynne....well, she's got the sympathy vote for sure, but I think her folks better start looking for a rental. She's a pretty girl-very Alicia Silverstonish looking to me-but she's looking VERY 18. Maybe 16 even. She blew the commercial so badly; didnt know the lines and they did take after take after take(at least 10). Something about her suggests to me that she's depended too much on vulnerability and sympathy and those big blue eyes. She needs to focus and be 22 real quick. She loses a little more in confidence and poise each episode.
    She and Mercedes had a (way too) long scene comforting each other and trying to bolster each other's confidence. Quel coincidence that the two of them had the worst commercials. A little less boohooing and a little more line learning woulda been a better idea.
    So, I dont think Michelynne will be The One either.

Mercedes...Mercedes (she reminds me strongly in looks of young Ingrid Bergman without the Bergman glow) was just way too pouty and sulky and broody last nite. Having to strip down to the bikini was the End of the World. She insisted on wearing a sarong for the commercial, which just drew all the more attention to what she wanted to cover. Maybe she'll perk up in the next epi...then again, maybe she'll continue trending to flakey and kooky. Nothing about her appeals to me any more. Ready for her to sulk off in her sarong permanently.
    I think the judges may have fallen out of love with her too, but maybe she'll redeem herself in the next show. Too early to knock her out.

Katie....a surprise. She could do really well with certain roles and commercials, playing to that corn fed midwestern thing she's got going on. She comes across as pretty mature and calculating and focused. I liked her more last nite than I had before.

Right now, I could see a Finale where Katie and Lauren are the last contenders remaining. They already dont like each other, there's a big contrast in their looks and styles, and they seem to be the two most mature and ready-to-work of the bunch. Lauren is my bet for the winner in that scenario-she looked smashing on the red carpet. The other possibility is Lauren and Michelynne, with Lauren the winner. Ultimately, the winner will be the choice of the producers of OTH-and I dont think they'll want to hire an immature, dependent 18 yr old, no matter how much Proactiv clears up her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Thanks for the update onewally.

I can't believe Faye said that to Cecile. Sounds like they've written her off too. Do you think the comment was fair and insightful, or just mean and prejudiced?

Also, I'm hoping Michellyne pulls it through. Mercedes has been a favorite of mine, but Michellyne's story makes me want her to win it. For God's sake, her family's house is on the line. It's not like you really need to be talented to be on OTH, why not just give the girl a shot? A little proactiv might help clear up the skin.

Well, I'm definitely setting the VCR to tape for Thursday. I'm staying 'til it's gone.
    It seemed to me like Faye Dunaway & the casting-director guy (Middleton - I'm too lazy to look up his first name Lol) didn't like Cecile at all this week. The guy even called her "Cecilia". Not a good sign.

I think she'll succeed at whatever she really wants to do - she isn't as much of an obvious choice for the overall package though. She did a great job on the hot tub screen test, I think she has acting chops and is good enough looking. She can at least be a successful working actor. I think she's smart and insightful enough to work in a lot of other jobs too though. She may end up a producer who knows (although she can do both). This show is great visibility for her, she needs to strike while that iron's hot.

Even for those who don't win this is a great way in the door to get an agent. People with long careers need to keep re-inventing themselves anyway. This show's only the start for all of them.

I like Michelynne & Mercedes best too, they both have sympathetic presences on screen although so far, Faye Dunaway is as always right-on: Michelynne's isn't coming through ON screen. And that's where it counts... She just hasn't got enough experience to pull it through in this pressure cooker.

But long term they can all be a success (the last week's contestants) though in different ways.

Katie - tv commercials

Lauren - news anchor

Donna - tv star, (soaps easily), some movies

Michelynne, Mercedes - movie stars

Mercedes also in European films especially if she puts that vulnerability into her roles

Both the M's have to toughen up though

Cecile - Australian episodic TV? Soaps? BBC America? All depends on how hard she tries & how savvy she is. Dialect training/diction wouldn't hurt.

Any of 'em could shock us though and do much better than evident now - what do I know? Only they really know. Donna's comment about

"At the end of the day the only one holding you back is yourself" is so true.

I can see Michelynne winning the role on OTH regardless, she's in the right age bracket. However it is more vital to Mercedes to win since she seems to lack confidence, what would she do if she didn't win? She might bum herself out into thinking "all is lost" and go in with that sadsack attitude... And really Hwd. is run on bluff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12