+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katie

Katie

Katie

This 23-year-old native of Chicago, Illinois, plans on using fame to help important causes like AIDS prevention. She trained at Columbia College and has been in several national commercials and print advertisements and was featured in the film "What Women Want." She looks up to Ashley Judd, Mary Tyler Moore and Drew Barrymore.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Hmm, I think I like this one so far. She is cute and has a WB show type of look about her.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

There were two Katies in the cast of "What Women Want", so she was either a Showgirl or a Woman in Park. She would have been 17 or 18.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Too "cornfed" midwestie, in both looks and voice. And her interview clips support that conclusion. She's got to learn to neutralize that in her voice--it puts her in an even smaller niche than the South African girl.

She could just be a great actress though--we can't really tell from anything supplied to us.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Something about her just-really-bothers-me, and not in a good way. More disturbing vibe than even "the Courtney" (who I think mostly has to just tone it down, eat some humble pie and focus herself in something larger and more physical - etc. Well, hopefully that's all....)

Only thing I can say is that Katie is made for tv commercials, with her look and sparkly screen presence. If I were casting a Kellogg cereal ad I'd hire her. But, when required to do anything more emotional, she totally chokes in some fashion or another.

I think that Teddy Bear is still undergoing counseling.

FORT Fanatic
    Katie's commercial on the beach was good! A little coaching, a little practice, and she's ready for this kind of work.

FORT Fan
    The Katie/Lauren mini-diva rivalry is great tv. I think the mix for a good reality show is there with this show, the big problem is that all of them do so poorly in the actual screen tests that it's getting hard to believe that we're looking at any potential starlets.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Too "cornfed" midwestie, in both looks and voice. And her interview clips support that conclusion. She's got to learn to neutralize that in her voice--it puts her in an even smaller niche than the South African girl.

She could just be a great actress though--we can't really tell from anything supplied to us.
    I agree. Her accent is appalling. I was amazed that none of the judges mentioned it after the beach shoot. She needs to get to a vocal coach fast and deal with those vowels.

Accent isn't really a problem if doing TV commercials - for things appealing to most of America/middle America. She sounds like much of America. She does need to slow down at times & enunciate though like Faye D pointed out ("Couldn't understand all the words").

Also she needs to get a warm smile... that "Unleash your style" seemed wan and unconvincing. The rest of her commercial was good though and the lines about the product were right-on.

Worrying the way she pushes Lauren off stage in the episode coming up. It's not real... it's only acting... She ought to know that going in.

Even if it's an improv and they're venting emotions - you STILL have to control things. That's where the art and skill of it comes in.

Ya can't just go up there & lose yer mind.

But she's got the phony sincerity of tv ads down pat.

FORT Fanatic
    I think Katie is the only one who really prepared herself for the commercial, and it showed. She seems to me to be focusing on what she's there to do, always alert and paying attention and absorbing. I think she'll do well one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast