+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donna

Donna was on a wrong show. She should have gone to ANTM instead of the Starlet.

FORT Fanatic
    I didnt think Donna's commercial was bad at all...but I think it was time for her to go.
    She handled her departure VERY well.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Her commercial was better than most, but I guess it really doesn't matter which order they go in if they don't have a chance to win.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

She just couldnt act to be, but she went out with real class.

I honestly thought her commercial was not bad. She does come across model-y but then she looks like a model and people sort of tune that out in a tv ad. I have purposely looked at other model's tv ads and hers is at least as good. They'd have to train her how to use her hands, though. She and Lauren both did that "come on down to Al's Warehouse" type of thing.

(Lauren's was more emphatic)

I thought Cecile and Mercedes' commercials were much worse than Donna's. I think Donna got the boot for being overall just not an actress. She needs training. In a tv ad it's OK but in a role, you have to be less wooden. Less about posing and the body.

But kudos for her support of the others behind the scenes, and for not being a backstabber or gossiping about others, etc. (that we saw). She showed class from start to finish, she really had the best attitude, and the best outlook overall. She knows this is about the long-haul. She knows agents and managers would be watching. She probably knew she hadn't as good a chance of winning since she had no acting experience. She made the most of it otherwise though.

Her exit was graceful and very smart to leave her calling card w/the casting guy so to speak. He will remember what she said and one day she can benefit from her foresight.

Got the feeling they were all impressed by her words too. She showed a lot of poise there. Being easy to work with NEVER hurts and sometimes will get the person hired over someone else.

I hope she makes it.

I do still think she needs different hair though.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I did agree with Donna that the "of course" sounded awkward, but she didn't have enough experience as an actress to change the line on her own like that, without upsetting people.

It doesn't matter how much experience an actor has, or how awkward the lines are. It is the actor's job to read the lines, not to change them. If the director wants to change the lines, fine. One of the first things they teach you in acting class is to stick to the script, word for word, and don't improvise. It is considered an insult to the writers when you change their words. Donna's thinking she could change the script because she didn't like it highlighted the fact that she had little to no training and was a complete amateur.

That said, I think a solid year of acting lessons with a good teacher could completely transform her. She seems to have a strong sense of self and is open to constructive criticism, which will help her a lot in this business.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    It doesn't matter how much experience an actor has, or how awkward the lines are. It is the actor's job to read the lines, not to change them. If the director wants to change the lines, fine. One of the first things they teach you in acting class is to stick to the script, word for word, and don't improvise. It is considered an insult to the writers when you change their words. Donna's thinking she could change the script because she didn't like it highlighted the fact that she had little to no training and was a complete amateur.
    I don't know. I can imagine Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta-Jones and other MAJOR stars discussing lines with a director and being listened too. Plus you often hear stories of actors/actresses ad libbing and the scene still makes the final cut.

But those are established actors. If Donna went for her first movie and she tried to pull that, they'd be calling her agent and/or probably looking for someone else.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hippo
    She kinda looks like Alex from o.c .She's not bad though I like her
    She does look like Alex from the O.C. weird resemblance I think its the eyes ... and lips ... well the face ... lol

I liked her actually an I never thought her commercial was the worst. She seemed to over announciate certain words but i didnt expect her to go.

I think she was eliminated because she was very vocal of her modelling career and the execs. upstairs didnt want to see a model be crowned winner in an acting competition

Granted this episode was the only one I saw of the series (where she was eliminated) Id probably have picked her as my favourite - she was such a gracious loser - demonstrating such model behavior ... sorry bad pun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast