+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andria

Andria

Andria

The 24-year-old former waitress from Waco, Texas, won the title of Miss Teen Texas, USA in 1997. She has a BA in Broadcast Journalism from Texas State University and moved to Los Angeles recently to pursue her dream of acting. Her favorite actresses include Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts and Reese Witherspoon.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 12:25 PM.

She thinks Julia Roberts is a good actress? :rolleyes Reason enough for me not to like her.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    She thinks Julia Roberts is a good actress? :rolleyes Reason enough for me not to like her.
    Reason 2: She's a former "Miss Teen Texas, USA". Then again, isn't that part of the entrance requirements list when you move from Texas to Hollywood.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Andria is what you would refer to as a "crown chaser". She may have won Miss Texas Teen USA in 1997, but the poor thing hasnít won anything notable since then. She has failed at six attempted for Miss Texas USA when she decided to move to NYC. She then competed in Miss New York USA this past fall and failed once again. Rumor has it she immediately jumped a plane and headed straight for Hollywood to do this show. I guess we'll see if she gets her 15 minutes of fame like the rest of the Texas beauties who have attempted reality TV. Should be interesting!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Andria was one of my favorite titleholders. I was hoping she'd win NY USA this year, but it didn't happen. I was also hoping she'd come back next year, but something tells me she probably won't.

Gorgeous.

No discernible acting technique but then she got cut early. Again as with Donna, she shouldn't coast on looks (for one thing what happens when she ages overly) but should study acting with a reputable teacher. Something like Meisner technique, which requires the actor to really listen - because as a pageant person she's learned to come in with some well practised, rote stuff.

In her "Smallville" scene she didn't seem to be paying any attention to the meaning of it or to her scene partner. Again as a sort of trained poodle she's had some personality and spontaneity and spark kind of drained out of her. She has a long way to go to be an actress.

She can do it though or at least learn a lot trying. Can't hurt in any case. As Vivica A. Fox said - if she digs in deep she can really do something. Because she's got the looks part already.

Presence, I don't know yet because that would come from personality and so far her personality seems all in her perfect teeth...

+ Reply to Thread