Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katie Wagner, Host

No offense StarletGirl but - did you ask Spike Lee what it was?

It's also the name of his production company

And she was a reporter. It was her job to look that up beforehand, to know what she's talking about if she is going to interview him. If she didn't already know, and she was old enough to - and educated enough to.

Just made her sound like an airhead IMO rather than a professional. And yes, it's kind of embarrassing too because it's part of American history.

If she were going to interview the President and didn't know what a veto was, she shouldn't ask him but should look it up if she had to. Otherwise she would look unprepared.

In other words I was saying she seems a bit of a lightweight. Doesn't really matter for a reality tv hosting gig though.

Am not making fun of her plastic surgery cos that wasn't something she could control (the way it was done). There's even stories of those 'doctors' letting assistants do the work. So I feel it's kind of a nightmare to have to do that and she must've felt she had to.
    Last edited by Brandy; 03-19-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: clarity

Play nice, folks. Keep your remarks to Katie Wagner, not each other.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    No offense StarletGirl but - did you ask Spike Lee what it was?

It's also the name of his production company

And she was a reporter. It was her job to look that up beforehand, to know what she's talking about if she is going to interview him. If she didn't already know, and she was old enough to - and educated enough to.

Just made her sound like an airhead IMO rather than a professional. And yes, it's kind of embarrassing too because it's part of American history.

If she were going to interview the President and didn't know what a veto was, she shouldn't ask him but should look it up if she had to. Otherwise she would look unprepared.

In other words I was saying she seems a bit of a lightweight. Doesn't really matter for a reality tv hosting gig though.

Am not making fun of her plastic surgery cos that wasn't something she could control (the way it was done). There's even stories of those 'doctors' letting assistants do the work. So I feel it's kind of a nightmare to have to do that and she must've felt she had to.
    I thought reporters are supposed to ask what that stuff meant?Maybe she wanted her viewers to know. They dont necessarly have to know their enitre working background. I seen that interview and it looked as if she was pretty curious. And does it really make a difference if she had plastic surgery? Looks dont make the person, you know.I been a fan of hers for a few years now (negitive comments to yourself, please). I heard somwhere she had reconstructive surgery after an accident she had, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

StarletGirl, your profile says you are in high school, so I can understand if you don't think it's a well-known phrase. As someone much older than you, I can say that it describes an embarassing part of American history that anyone who has graduated from the American school system should know about. I think the average American adult would recognize that it points to something in history, at the very least. Not that it's just some cute expression about mules.

A journalist is not a blank slate that mindlessly asks questions. Journalists research their subject thoroughly so that they can ask intelligent questions. It does call into question how much of a journalist Katie Wagner is if she can ask Spike Lee what the name of his production company means. You can google the phrase and get an answer in five seconds.

It was a mistake on her part - one that calls into question her professionalism.

ImLeaving&ImNotComingBack
    Hangman's Tree in Neverland and wondering what is so special about Carrie Underwood
    How cruel to criticize Katie Wagners looks. If she "looks" like she has plastic surgery, she's criticized. If she doesn't, she's criticized. Would we have this problem with a man? View women beyond their appearances, and maybe you will make the world a better place for yourself or your children when you're older. Looks do not make the person. And you act like she's dumb or something just because she asked what Forty Acres & a Mule was. Maybe she was supposed to ask that question, but what should I know? I go to an American High School......

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Her eyebrows bug me to no end . Whenever they show her on the screen, that is all that I notice about her. You would think that the make up people could do something to fix them.
    I agree, they are just plain weird looking. Makes me wonder if she could be one of Spock's ancestors.

It's okay to criticize Katie Wagner on this site. She put herself in the public eye, and she's fair game.

Personally, if she's an American, I do think she's woefully ignorant if she has never heard of the expression "40 acres and a mule." If anyone reading this doesn't know what it means, it's worth a search on google for more information.

Hangman's Tree in Neverland and wondering what is so special about Carrie Underwood
    So, if Katie was a male, would she be criticized for asking what 40 Acres and A Mule was and for having "plastic surgey" done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell89
    So, if Katie was a male, would she be criticized for asking what 40 Acres and A Mule was and for having "plastic surgey" done?
    I think a man would get even more criticism for having plastic surgery. There's a bit of a double standard there.

The 40 Acres & a Mule question goes to her professionalism, not her gender.

So if Katie were a male, would she be criticized for asking what 40 Acres and A Mule was?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast