+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faye Dunaway, Panelist

Faye was fun to watch, but her hair kept distracting me. I think cutting about a foot of it off would make her look younger and more elegant. She was looking a bit on the old end...

One of my friends was confusing her with Faye Wray (of the 1930s King Kong fame) and kept saying, "I thought she was dead?"
    Last edited by kcfemmefatale; 03-07-2005 at 12:42 AM.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Faye, no, no, your way too good for this. It's been long enough, your forgiven for Mommie Dearest, stop punishing yourself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Faye, no, no, your way too good for this. It's been long enough, your forgiven for Mommie Dearest, stop punishing yourself.
    Now, I'm not old enough to see "Mommie Dearest" but did Faye ever become a "star" or did she always remained a "starlet". She must have fallen on hard times to go a stupid gig like this on WB. What's up with "don't call me, we'll call you"? She even looks serious when she says that :-)
    Last edited by SurferBlonde; 03-09-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    Now, I'm not old enough to see "Mommie Dearest" but did Faye ever become a "star" or did she always remained a "starlet". She must have fallen on hard times to go a stupid gig like this on WB.
    You win an Oscar, you become a star instead of a starlet.

Actually, it happens as soon as you have success. The way this show uses "starlet" is wrong. A starlet is a wannabe, and so is probably more descriptive in the plural for ALL of these ladies. A star is the person who makes it. Then again, in all honestly, since all they are winning is One Tree Hill and some vague development contract (which the studio can always opt out of for cash), they probably still ARE just starlets--just ones who are a tiny bit further up the ladder.

Faye really was a big deal She's done her share of crap too though, and people rarely forget that when speaking of her. She's not untouchable in her credentials.

As to why she's doing this? Who knows. Money is always a factor, but very few reality shows pay THAT much. Then again, her very fame works against her--she's always been somewhat iconic, despite those stinkers in her past. So she's not that active a working actress these days.

EDIT - Actually IMDB claims I'm wrong and that she's quite busy. With crap I've never heard of. -- Click here for Faye's IMDB profile. She played Mae West in 2002? Who knew? Who cares? She was in a horror movie called "Jennifer's Shadow" last year? Er. Okay. Must be from Wes Craven's cousin's babysitter's brother. She's playing the role of "God" in a movie called "Love Hollywood Style" this year, with Andy Dick? Well that's sure to be a keeper.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    Now, I'm not old enough to see "Mommie Dearest" but did Faye ever become a "star" or did she always remained a "starlet". She must have fallen on hard times to go a stupid gig like this on WB. What's up with "don't call me, we'll call you"? She even looks serious when she says that :-)
    She was a huge star in the 70's, one of only two in that era, really, her and Barbra Streisand. I'm a movie buff, collect movies all the way back from the 30's. Faye was always controversial, some critics used to state that acting neurotic wasn't acting. One of my favorites of hers is The Eyes of Laura Mars and of course Bonnie and Clyde, Barfly is good too, but her best role was in Chinatown, and that movie is still great today. If you find a good video store that rents more than just current releases, you'll find some great movies. She won an Oscar for Network, but I never cared for that movie.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-09-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Looooove Faye.

She looks great - and I think she actually did a really smart thing taking this job.

It's giving her exposure, and when actors get to a 'certain age' I think they have to kind of show up every once in a while and prove they're still camera-ready. Every actor feels they will never be hired again - even Oscar winning ones.

ANd there might be a grain of truth in it, since there are so many actors out there, with new ones moving to L.A. daily. Most won't have what it takes of course.

Also it's showing a great side of her - generosity. She has dated mostly men who had a daring side - Lenny Bruce, Peter Wolf for example. That has to mean that's inside her somewhere, too. That side of just wanting to bring out the LIFE in all of them, comes through and it's fun to watch that. I say generosity too, because if she makes them better, in some sense they wind up as competition. (Not that she has to worry about that) Some stars might not be as charitable or try as hard to HELP them be better as she does, either. There is a kind of sisterhood vibe going on that is nice to see.

I love how she tells the women to reach in and pull out what they need for next week. She is really supportive of them - and like she said, if she held back she'd just be hurting their chances, because that would make them 'bad'.

She's doing something new, and reality shows are 'in' right now. A long career has several 'acts' and this is just another phase in her long career. She got an Oscar invite out of it... when those were scarce this year (didn't even see Nicholson there). It's always good for an actor to be 'seen'.

Now I hope that someone will see this show and offer her a really meaty role like she has done in the past... Seeing her on tv is like watching a tiger in a cage in a way... beautiful, mesmerising, but oh boy would I like to see it run. And just well, be a tiger

These women are very lucky to have her advice. She has been dead right every single time.

Vivica's right - that's a legend dammit!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I thought that her "don't call us, we'll call you" was quite over done.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Oh but I loved it that way. Lol

She's just a little too larger than life for the tv screen, is all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12